Internment

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Jan 30, 2008
So how do you define a suspected terrorist? If someone is yet to break a law how can you justify locking them up? If you start locking up people based on suspicions then we destroy the freedom and liberty that separates us from the terrorists.

But they're using the same things against us:tosser:
regards
DR

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
But they're using the same things against us:tosser:
regards
DR

If you can't make a comment without calling someone a wanker then you lose all credibility. It's the most childish response ever and I feel sorry for you.

If you are saying that they are using the freedom and liberty against us then yes I agree, liberty and freedom do come as a cost. I would rather live here however than in North Korea, Syria, Russia, China. It's the sort of liberty that our father's/grandfathers fought and died for so to let these *******s destroy that would be a travesty

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I think in this day and age of global communications it's a little simplistic to be assuming that there is physically someone in a dark corner of a mosque organising these things. I would imagine our security services are plenty competent enough to know what is being said in mosques and by whom. Also, the majority of foiled terror attacks (of which we are told there have been many over the last few years) are doubtless due to tip-offs and co-operation from the Muslim communities.

I don't think I ever said there is just someone in a corner of a mosque organising anything. I said clearly there are places that are preaching extremist views which is a breeding ground for "new recruits". I will say that there is likely to be a number of unlicensed mosques or preachers around the UK teaching not only hate against Us but also teaching Takfiris speech against other Muslims.

Yes there being orcastrated from somewhere but the easiest way to communicate without being caught is to talk face to face. Computer, phones, social media, even areas on the dark web are easily hackable to people with the right no how including our Very own security services.
I agree Muslims have no doubt made tip offs about certain foiled terror attacks and I would also say our security services have made funds off their own back but that is pure speculation on both counts.

France closed over 160 unlicensed mosques and Egypt alone banned a significant number of unlicensed preachers. This may have long term positive effects it may not but we need to be doing something to improve the situation.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
The best way to deal with terrorist is as the police did last night.....They can`t do it again and will not cost taxpayer anything in court or prison costs.

Agreed .

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Would introducing an International Law that outlawed the 'weaponisation' of any Religion make it easier to arrest/detain extremists who carry out, plan or openly support the actions of ISIS and other terrorist groups that claim to 'doing gods work' (not that I know of any)?
Intelligence to be shared, along with the resources of participating countries?

deena_gold

Banned
Jun 5, 2017
Wasn't one of the killers in a documentary or something praying in front of an ISIS flag with his chums? Should at least start bells ringing.

Use intelligence and statistical profiling to categorize them in to 3 groups or risk:

High = Internment in solitary confinement offshore on old oil tankers or similar disused hulks with regular kickings and exposure to deep psychological brainwashing like in the movie 'a clockwork orange', lobotomies e.t.c.

Medium = Electronic tagging and the issuing of no-go orders, perhaps they can remain within their own familiar no-go areas in each and every major town and city throughout the UK?

Low = Kinda like on remand where you have to report in everyday and sign a register and remain in the remand hostel between 9pm to midnight (probably smoking pot and watching radicalization videos in the living room).

This profiling should be done on an entirely scientific basis because it cuts through the wheat and the chaff, also you might want to consider medication for the high and mediums (female hormones usually take the sting out of anyone's tail).

Either way 'we have to do something', right?

Or live with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports