International Beer Poll - Portugal

Which beer in Portugal is best?

• Super Bock - the Super Star

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Sarges - The Contender

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Super Bock Stout - Best drunk by the fountain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bohemia - Discovered in a nice Beer Hall by Dandyman and drunk by the Kaiser himself

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Carlsberg - Wherever you go in the world there is crap beer

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
we had some stuff in Menorca...Spanish stuff like Crevenza which was very nice.

having said that after two jugs of sangria, I could have been drinking battery acid for all I knew. My youngest had a Pimms in a huge glass with some orange stuff in it and I was pissed after two mouthfulls:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :eek:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Wasn't the Carlsberg non alcoholic?

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I was warned about Super Bock long before I even went out there in February for the friendly by my mate who lives there. That stuff gives a killing hangover.

I found Tagus to be a quality beer and looking around it appears they do not do low alcohol lager over there.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Lisbon BHA

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sagres is nice, but Super Bock was very deceptive. Very light, very quaffable, and then when you weren't ready, you were absolutely banjacksed. 5.8% and rising. Bloody cheap as well - about 45p a bottle.

Could be the nutters' beer of the next few years here.

Tune of Tom Hark:

He scores with his cock
He scores with his knee
He drinks Super Bock
And his name's Rooney...

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Holidayed in the Algarve last year - Got Super Bocked most nights. Splendid stuff.

Dandyman

In London village.
Bohemia was my fave (being a weirdo real ale type) but Super Bock has it's attractions on a hot night.

He's fat, he's scouse
His mate's will rob your house
Wayne Rooney, Wayne Rooney...:D :drink:

Jameson

Super Bock for me although Sagres was nice too. Even the non-alcoholic stuff from Carlsberg in the grounds was drinkable. :drink:

Perhaps it's to do with being on holiday etc... where everything seems agreeable. :D

The Madeira beer is Coral - not bad either.

Ezekiel Rowe

Apr 23, 2004
where's SAGRES!? fantastic beer flavoured piss available for 1 euro a 'pint' in Albufeira.:drink: :drink:

Ezekiel Rowe

Apr 23, 2004
shit, sorry...although I can be forgiven for the fact that it's been spelt Sarges:rolleyes: Is it available over here? haven't had a chance to look yet.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Super Bock was great beer.Anyone know if it available over here ?

Freely available in Stockwell, London's Portuguese enclave.

Cafe de Madiera on the Brixton Rd (I think) is good for Portugeuse tucker.

If you think a cold Super Bock went down well wait until we're in Southern Germany in two years time on a sultry June evening supping on an unpronouncable Weissbier. Then the hangovers will kick.

jg

jail bird

Oct 19, 2003
sin bin
I'm with Dandyman with Bohemia being the quality beer of the trip. Sarges was far more palateble than Super Bok but unlike Buck I was able to handle my beer :lolol:

Dandyman

In London village.
Jesus Gul said:
Freely available in Stockwell, London's Portuguese enclave.

Cafe de Madiera on the Brixton Rd (I think) is good for Portugeuse tucker.

If you think a cold Super Bock went down well wait until we're in Southern Germany in two years time on a sultry June evening supping on an unpronouncable Weissbier. Then the hangovers will kick.

jg

There are a few Portuguese places off Camden High St. too - nice fish place and a couple of delis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here