Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Intermittent loading problems

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I have had real problem with BT broadband over the past couple of weeks for a range of websites. Did some diagnostics, turned out to be related to their default DNS servers. I have reconfigured my non-BT router to point to the free OpenDNS servers, and everything is much better.

Except NSC (using Chrome)... which sits with 'Processing request...' in bottom left corner, and the spinning 'loading' icon on the NSC tab. :nono:

For me, it seems to be the thread icons (e.g. cricket ball) and smileys that are causing the page to not load completely.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
What symptoms were you seeing... and how did you fix them?

Pages not loading fully, not able to access some threads at all. I used to give up but that was a good thing with the recent high negativity about the team. All I did was switch Router off then back on. First time caught Bozza doing flicky things with his buttons but then tried again and BOOM.all ok now:lolol:

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Been having problems with NSC for the past hour or so with pages not loading or half loading (Firefox and IE) when connected to my Sky router but have no problem when connecting to the separate work broadband/router! ???

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Problems since Saturday here. Not too bad on Chrome, but shocking performance on Tapatalk. Ironically this is the first time today I've been able to write anything on my phone today.

Keep getting weird messages pop up aswell.

paul-brighton

Jun 12, 2011
Sompting
Guys by all means power cycle the router but please, please DO NOT do a reset by sticking a pin in the back unless you have recorded every setting you have changed from standard - including your internet logon I'd and password.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Problems since Saturday here. Not too bad on Chrome, but shocking performance on Tapatalk. Ironically this is the first time today I've been able to write anything on my phone today.

Keep getting weird messages pop up aswell.

What weird messages? Can you either copy and paste or, better still, take a screen shot and emai me at bozza@northstandchat.com. Anything that I can see may help diagnosis, as the site is as slick as can be on all of iPhone (Safari), iPhone (Tapatalk), iPad and MacBook air (Sarafi, Chrome and Firefox) both at home on my BT WiFi, via my 3 MiFi and my GiffGaff/O2 3G.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well, I've not touched anything, and it has started working OK again.... which is nice.

I use Cloudflare to provide security protection and some performance improvements on the site. Earlier this evening, around 5:30ish, I did a complete flushing of the cache that Cloudflare holds of NSC content. Essentially, Cloudflare would start recording files again - I did this on the off chance that there was a rogue or corrupt file cached somewhere in their delivery network that was causing the issue. Maybe it solved it...

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I use Cloudflare to provide security protection and some performance improvements on the site. Earlier this evening, around 5:30ish, I did a complete flushing of the cache that Cloudflare holds of NSC content. Essentially, Cloudflare would start recording files again - I did this on the off chance that there was a rogue or corrupt file cached somewhere in their delivery network that was causing the issue. Maybe it solved it...

Still happening at home this morning and I occasionally get this message:

error.jpg

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
really slow loading pages this morning at work. Windows 7 and IE11

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
I have just been sent this email by the ISP that I use at home, so maybe this is the cause today for me:

We have been made aware of a general problem on the South African internet service that supplies Bundu NetworX. We have no confirmation on the source but it could be a routing error on the NeoTel SA optic fiber or one of the international undersea cables.International and some local websites are affected and VoIP call quality is suffering. Although websites are loading, you might experience delays while browsing.As an example, when loading www.google.co.za, the data packets are currently being sent to JHB, then Portugal, then the UK, then to Canada and finally to the USA. Enjoy your digital trip around the world!We will keep you updated on any news we receive on the fault.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007

Not wishing to tempt fate, but I will anyway:

I reckon this has sorted it. Am going out again soon but will be on tonight obviously, so will let you know if any more problems, but so far so good. Thank you!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Still happening at home this morning and I occasionally get this message:

View attachment 57237

That's what I get/got.....no problems at all on my phone.....the one thing I've done today which has improved things is to access NSC (after emptying cache) with one window of my browser and don't tab on the same window......anything else I want to do is via another window and I tab on that.....doing that seems to have solved the issue I've had for the past week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here