Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting Stats on our Season to Date

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
http://t.co/VAXlhAW6

Highlights how we favour the right side of attack and are strong in the first quarter of an hour of each half.

(it's a PDF download by the way and covers all FL clubs)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Shows how important it is to have your captain pass to the right back, even if it isn't Bruno.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You aren't going to let that go are you!

Probably not. It really annoyed me, and given we have one player refusing to pass to another who plays in an important area to the start of our most effective attacks I think it should annoy more people.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Have I missed something about our Gordon not passing to our right back?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
The defensive effectiveness chart (in the divisional summaries section) makes for great reading. Literally out on our own. :clap2:

Experimental 3-6-1 does some tremendous work.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Have I missed something about our Gordon not passing to our right back?

I noticed during the birmingham game he wouldn't pass to Calderon. He'd receive the ball head to the right and either turn back and pass it to el abd, or passed it to hammond. He did make two passes to Calderon late in the game after El Abd had been taken off, but the second time seemed to realise what he had done and demanded the ball back immediately. Having noticed that I watched all through the ipswich game and he didn't. as far as I could see, pass the ball to calderon at all (except to give it to him to take throw ins).

So often he was in space, was a sensible option, but instead Greer avoided him. Eventually this led to Birmingham/Ipswich being able to sit back whenever our defence had the ball on the right since we weren't going to bring it forward that way, and attacks on the right either started on the left or came through the middle out to the right, making it easier to defend against.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Interesting, will have to see what he does with Bruno back. Can't think why he wouldn't trust Calderon with the ball, as he's much better going forward than he is defensively

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here