Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting JFC stat 2014/15 season

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
BUT has it not been said that h7e has most of the time been played out of position and NOT as an attacking Midfielder!!??
But I thought the first post said how good he is with his stats for setting up goals. Sorry, only good stats count for making a point.
Our number one issue is our midfield. He has played every game ( in midfield) as far as I can work out that means it may be time to try something else. He will be ( in the future) a good player but he is doing nothing for us at present.

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
It is about time Holla stood up to the plate again with Ince or Diarra IF he is fit/good enough with Forster-Caskey attacking Midfielder with Lua Lua (when fit) March with Bent up top. Then I think we will get the best out of him AND the team.....Maybe?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He is a good attacking midfielder. The issue is he is playing out of position and/or we don't have anyone good enough to play in the defensive midfield role.

Exactly right, I am quite a harsh critic in terms of the ratings, but when Poyet played him and also for the U21s he is further forward.

He is just not very good from deep and is not a particularly good tackler which leaves us frequently exposed.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
JFC is a great player. My only fear is by being forced to play every week (even though he admitted being tired) we may be damaging him. It's a sign of a weak manager and weak squad when a young player like JFC is having to play every single game without a rest. Mentally and physically he needs that.

Difficult to get my head around mega fit pro footballers who are massively overpaid but get tired by mostly playing once a week FFS ! Good job they've never signed into a military career then.... "sorry sarge I'm so tired after bayonet practise I'll lie in today if that's alright"

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Another interesting fact is that he has played 3500 minutes in the championship and scored 4 goals. Worst scoring average for an attacking midfielder in the championship.
Hang on. Isn't everybody saying that he is playing too deep - ie. not as an attacking midfielder?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
JFC is a great player. My only fear is by being forced to play every week (even though he admitted being tired) we may be damaging him. It's a sign of a weak manager and weak squad when a young player like JFC is having to play every single game without a rest. Mentally and physically he needs that.
Are you taking the piss? A great player? Vicente was a great player Adam Clayton is a good player for example.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
Would argue Ince is good enough, but isn't played...sadly

Ince and hola are good enough
think if JFC is going to be the attacking midfielder of 3
he needs to add some goals and actual assists
think I would prefer tex especially at home

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here