Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting, Christians tollerated in Muslen countries ? Not always

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Saw something about this in the Metro this morning and in view of the fact that we are having an, at times, heated debate over the Muslem girl who can't wear her tradition dress I think this is the other side of the coin.

I know that Afganistan is hardly the best place to look but even so I think this issue does rate a mention.

From CNN

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: Interesting, Christians tollerated in Muslen countries ? Not always

afters said:
master of understatement aren't you

True but even so, its hardly a secret that in many predominantly muslem countries Christians are persecuted in a manner that would be illegal in any predominantly Christian country, Afganistan is extreme but there are places such as Pakistan where such thinking isn't that far behind.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I've been to Pakistan on holiday. No-one persecuted me, not even in a mosque.

In fact they shook my hand, welcomed me to Pakistan and asked me my name, and that was just the children. The adults lavished hospitality to an extent that I'd not experienced before, including locally-brewed beer, dancing women and incredible food. It's bullshit to judge on the basis of a few extremist nutters who are as scary and weird to most Pakistanis as they are to you and me.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Man of Harveys said:

In fact they shook my hand, welcomed me to Pakistan and asked me my name, and that was just the children. The adults lavished hospitality to an extent that I'd not experienced before, including locally-brewed beer, dancing women and incredible food. It's bullshit to judge on the basis of a few extremist nutters who are as scary and weird to most Pakistanis as they are to you and me.

Well said that man.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Man of Harveys said:

Maybe so but it has happened, okay in the boonies there but also in other countries.

I don't agree with everything the likes of Looney and Watford go on about but a lot of that is in the way they present it. All I;m trying to do is balance matters with showing the other side things. No judgement is being passed by me I assure you.

I don't intend to start insinuating anybody is gay or stupid !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here