Interesting aside from Poyet re Bridcutt in the Sunday Times......

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Big boots to fill if he is allowed to leave, he's been consistently excellent. I guess every club at this level needs to balance their books though so I wouldn't be surprised if he does go. Should get a decent fee for him though, £2m minimum at a guess?

£2m???? more like £5m!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I don't imagine loyalty would be the key and automatically make him stay, but i think the topflight sides in need of such a hero to us might not need to act in emergency in this window. Those desperate for survival i don't think would spend a few million at least on a player who hasn't yet cut it in a top league. It's too much of a gamble and i doubt Bridders would naturally jump ship midseason just to join the undoubtedly falling leaves if he believes like many do that he has a chance of soaring for a spell with us. Midtable clubs and the higher up the league you go won't need to dive in there now, so signing him would be of little use. They could just watch him until the season is out and make a decision then.
I think if the little terrier bangs a couple of long rangers in and has a direct assist or two to his name then he's off in a flash. But for now, to the season's end, i see him staying and relishing what he's helped build.

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
“Liam deserves to play at the highest level,” noted Poyet. “I’m worried about him leaving in the window”

I'm wondering if Gus is doing a bit of upward managing, letting Tony et al know how important it is for us to keep liam?

And MN, prick and toodle pip in the same sentence is just so wrong!:wrong:

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
So you think we will get promoted?

I'm optimistic that we'll reach the play offs then it's who performs the best over 2 legs and final. We're capable of beating anyone on our day so don't fear anyone in this division but we need to keep all our players during January and if we can add this player from Spain then I'd be even more confidant.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Would be gutted to lose Bridcutt. He completely dictates our play. If you look at the last two games, we have won 3-0 and 2-0 without Buckley (not that I don't rate him but he is replaceable in our team), whereas Bridcutt is pretty much irreplaceable. Bidding should start at £5 million (possibly more in January if we need to find a replacement and it would put a dent in our promotion prospects).

Hopefully, the days of selling off players on the cheap is gone. We need to play hard ball and make clubs bid realistic amounts for our players, not release them for a couple of million.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I'm Bridcutt's biggest fan. But anyone thinking we'll get £10m needs a trip to the doctors.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Liam is in all my 24 years of watching The Albion my first favorite player from midfield all my previous favorites have been forwards wingers defenders and keepers,this tells you how highly i regard him.

From the very moment i first saw him playing for Chelsea in a reserve game versus Arsenal on Youtube when we first signed him,after all i had not heard of him or seen him play i thought yes please,great signing Gus..

His lack of size/stature perhaps has been his only drawback from reaching the top flight faster,however this lower centre of gravity vastly helps with other aspects of his game.

Let's also sing praise to Radostin Kishishev's influential role in Liam's early development at this club,his fathering so to speak of Bridcutt,in his first full season with the Seagulls cannot be underestimated.

Liam will as time goes by get better stronger and with experience add that one slight weakness to his game at present,a real killer pass coupled with a greater goal scoring record.

I really really like him and i would be gutted to see him go,any bid at present in my opinion would have to be OVER 5 MILLION POUNDS,no question,how good would he be in the premier league?

£2m would not even come close to finding out.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I'm Bridcutt's biggest fan. But anyone thinking we'll get £10m needs a trip to the doctors.

Indeed, people need to get real. Bridcutt will never go for 10 million. That is how much Van de Vaart cost! 3 million maximum for me

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I heard a rumour that LFC were having talks with a championship club about a defending midfield player to cover Lucas.
He fits BR type and would be affordable.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Big boots to fill if he is allowed to leave, he's been consistently excellent. I guess every club at this level needs to balance their books though so I wouldn't be surprised if he does go. Should get a decent fee for him though, £2m minimum at a guess?

No disrespect but in my opinion that amount would not buy one leg, this guy is irreplaceable in our team the only guy I've seen playing for us who has come close to Bridders was Nobby Horton,he also had the knack of winning balls he had no right to win whereby just putting out a leg and the ball was under control and in a place where he had time and space to deliver a pass to a team mate which 99% of the time gave the recipient time and space on the ball with little or no immediate risk of an opposing player closing down. He's just f-cking brilliant at what he does absolutely IRREPLACEABLE.SEAGULLS

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I heard a rumour that LFC were having talks with a championship club about a defending midfield player to cover Lucas.
He fits BR type and would be affordable.

His OGs at Anfield last year caught the eye of Reds scouts, I'm sure.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Why do our supporters always put such a low price on our players heads. When ever we hear Gus speak about buying anyone they are all too expensive. We should stop pissing about and put an £8m price tag on him. If someone wants him they'll pay it.

Another thing that pisses me off is Gus appears to put players ahead of the club, he needs to show a bit more respect to his paymasters. A contract is a contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports