Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Insulate Britain protests

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Great politicians answer. You either support their actions or you don't, if you do, then you consider any negative consequences, including injury or loss of life as an acceptable price worth paying.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I think I have made it pretty clear that I support the direct action that is presently being taken.It would appear you are trying to conflate the issue of actions that lead to indirectly and directly to death, and that is also a politicians technique, which you've deployed a number of times on other threads.

Do I support action that may indirectly result in death? Yes. Any action or set of protests that causes disruption may result indirectly in death or injury, no matter how large or small it is.

Do I support action designed to directly result in death? No.

But let's be clear, these protests are not designed to result in death. They are designed to prevent deaths in the long term.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Great politicians answer. You either support their actions or you don't, if you do, then you consider any negative consequences, including injury or loss of life as an acceptable price worth paying.

Can I ask the same question to you about Brexit?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
One very brave woman. Shocked the country with her bravery, to draw attention to her cause.

An absolure insult to her memory to compare her with the M25 protesters

Not really.

Nobody took any interest in universal suffrage for women until direct action expedited the process. Arguably what we are witnessing today - and will increasingly witness - is of equal or greater importance because it is a threat to human existence.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
And there’s many other ways to make the point. Anyone with a brain agrees with the point and we think of our kids and grandkids and their kids etc etc. But this is simply not the right way to do it - watch the interview above - no answers for their actions. Just think of a better way that’s just as powerful!

I understand your frustration, but can you think of a method.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Well in 30 secs since reading your post I’ve thought of several - so yes. Target parliament - cause a disturbance - if you’re not bothered about breaking the law as they don’t seem to be, break in somewhere - pull stunts at sporting events - paint something a colour - get a women to have insulate Britain on her tits and run on the pitch at an England game - lots of ways :)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Well in 30 secs since reading your post I’ve thought of several - so yes. Target parliament - cause a disturbance - if you’re not bothered about breaking the law as they don’t seem to be, break in somewhere - pull stunts at sporting events - paint something a colour - get a women to have insulate Britain on her tits and run on the pitch at an England game - lots of ways :)

I'm especially interested in the last one.

But seriously, the fact that we're talking about this, whereas numerous placard rallies over the last 40 years have gone almost totally un-noticed says to me that I reckon Whitechapel is on the right lines

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Judging by the reaction from , by and large, the usual element on NSC, the protesters have certainly chosen the correct place to be noticed.
Very hard for the right wing media and the Tory’s to cover it up or play it down if it’s taking place on one of Britain’s main arteries. A huge audience and a huge nuisance.
Couldn’t have picked much of a better spot I’d say.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Sadly, none of those would get them noticed, bar breaking into somewhere. But where? And what impact does that action need to have.

Maybe a mass sit down on the tracks to stop you getting to the Amex and other grounds would work.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I think I have made it pretty clear that I support the direct action that is presently being taken.It would appear you are trying to conflate the issue of actions that lead to indirectly and directly to death, and that is also a politicians technique, which you've deployed a number of times on other threads.

Do I support action that may indirectly result in death? Yes. Any action or set of protests that causes disruption may result indirectly in death or injury, no matter how large or small it is.

Do I support action designed to directly result in death? No.

But let's be clear, these protests are not designed to result in death. They are designed to prevent deaths in the long term.
Glad you have clarified that if there is a serious accident caused by the protests and people are injured or killed you would still support their actions which answers one of my previous questions. I wasn't conflating anything ... just asking if there was any limit to your support for climate protesters actions.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Perhaps it would solve the problem if the government introduced a points based incentive scheme for drivers.

10 points if you hit a retired academic
15 points for a long em unemployed anarchist
25 points bonus if you hit a white person with dreadlocks

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Target Boris and ministers directly. Target there constituencies or homes. One tactic used a few years ago by protesters was dumping a lorry load manure on a drive preventing access. Gluing yourself to constituencies offices. Getting pizzas delivered to homes of ministers etc. If you want Boris to take notice then it has to affect him directly, he needs to feel the pain as anything else is waste of time. He’s most likely pissing himself with laughter.
As protest goes this is ill conceived and will just alienate those that the protests should be engaging with. It’s all about hearts and minds and they are it winning any!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Sadly, none of those would get them noticed, bar breaking into somewhere. But where? And what impact does that action need to have.

Maybe a mass sit down on the tracks to stop you getting to the Amex and other grounds would work.

In what positive way have they been noticed ? All I know is that they think that insulating homes would be a good idea. I also think this is the case and have been looking into it since I moved house and certainly before anyone ran onto the M25. I have heard zero discussion about insulation in the past week but lots about people sitting in front of lorries. In fact this is all that is being discussed on this thread. It’s all about the manner of protest rather than insulation.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
How do all these protesters get there in the first place.
I suspect they drive there !!!

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

The usual mode of transport is a khaki ambulance with curtains in the windows and a chimney poking out of the roof.
Various slogans and flowers are painted on the on the side, no tread on the tyres.
It's a total gas.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
It’s a telling and depressing picture when someone takes a look at U.K. 2021 and decides it’s protestors that are the problem.

Well that's deliberately broad and deflecting. This thread is specific to the problem of losers with nothing better to do blocking the M25 repeatedly. It's not about the whole range of problems this country has but I would argue that a handful of nutters thinking it's ok to disrupt thousands of people and have no regard or reasonable concern for their own lives whilst doing so, is quite a significant problem.

And again, let's keep the "protests" in context. Home insulation. Home insulation is the reason these rent-a-protesters are blocking the M25? Sounds like an excuse to be seen to be protesting, to me.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you think people blocking the M25 is inconvenient you’re gonna have a pink fit when you see what happens when the ice caps melt. Best start drafting your letters to The Mail while there’s still time.

Fast forward ten years…..the same people moaning about protesters;

“Why did nobody do anything”?….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here