Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Insulate Britain protests

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I wonder if they said the same thing about Emily Davison?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One very brave woman. Shocked the country with her bravery, to draw attention to her cause.

An absolute insult to her memory to compare her with the M25 protesters

Last edited:

el punal

This is direct action. It’s supposed to inconvenience people. It’s supposed to piss people off. That’s how it works. Or doesn’t work. But it is the intention.

So why can’t the direct action be chaining yourself to the gates at Downing Street? More TV cameras and press there, closer to the nation’s decision makers and less chance of f***ing up the Great British public’s attempt at earning their daily crust.

Of course, the real threat with their current means of protest is that some pissed off 32 tonne HGV driver might decide to accidentally not apply his brakes and run the buggers over.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Hopefully in front of some juggernauts

Yes they are, HGV's stopping right in front of them,very dangerous, a few coppers trying to pull them away back onto the hard shoulder but the others then run out.
Whatever your views on protests are this is now ridiculously stupid and dangerous to innocent people on the motorway.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Karl Marx said a bayonet was a weapon 'with a worker at both ends'. Isn't that the case here? Ordinary people, who care about the planet, disrupting the lives and livelihoods of ordinary people who care about the planet. The capitalist class itself isn't being inconvenienced in the slightest.

If I were a Conspiracy theorist I'd say that the protesters were all being financed by the insulation industry, or possibly the Chinese ...

Oh, and spoiler alert - these half-arsed 'playtime' protests won't actually achieve anything. Same as the Occupy protests or the Gilet Jaunes. (Remember those?) They have got to be seriously ramped up to the extent where Britain becomes ungovernable, at the moment, as far as the ruling class are concerned, they're not even an inconvenience.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
That’s a pretty amateur attempt, but par for the course given previous posts from you that I’ve read.

I’ll let you work out the difference yourself. You should be able to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great politicians answer. You either support their actions or you don't, if you do, then you consider any negative consequences, including injury or loss of life as an acceptable price worth paying.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I really can't understand why anyone thinks these people are doing the right thing here. They're risking their lives for nothing, not to mention their utter disregard for the drivers and passengers of the cars they're running in front of. It's so incredibly selfish. They're kicking off about insulating homes for crying out loud - on a junction of the M25. Absolutely ridiculous waste of their time, waste of police time and delaying people going about their day.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So why can’t the direct action be chaining yourself to the gates at Downing Street? More TV cameras and press there, closer to the nation’s decision makers and less chance of f***ing up the Great British public’s attempt at earning their daily crust.

Of course, the real threat with their current means of protest is that some pissed off 32 tonne HGV driver might decide to accidentally not apply his brakes and run the buggers over.

You’ve answered your own question. I’m not advocating what they’re doing. I’m not opposing it. I’m simply saying it’s designed to disrupt.

D

Deleted member 22389

I really can't understand why anyone thinks these people are doing the right thing here. They're risking their lives for nothing, not to mention their utter disregard for the drivers and passengers of the cars they're running in front of. It's so incredibly selfish. They're kicking off about insulating homes for crying out loud - on a junction of the M25. Absolutely ridiculous waste of their time, waste of police time and delaying people going about their day.

:thumbsup:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I saw a video circulating last week where the police were treating them with kid gloves, presumably because of their social class. I think they should be forcibly removed from the roads and chucked in a cell for a few days, doing stuff like this will not get the general public onside, despite the underlying message being a good one.

Agree with you 100% until it comes to your last eight words. I have no idea what they are protesting about so they cannot have been too successful in getting their message across. If they want the government to pay to insulate their homes (for government read taxpayer) then I recall getting my loft insulation and cavity wall insulation done for free or for very little a few years back, so the government has already helped. There are lots and lots of things that need fixing in this country, but only idiots would consider it practical to block roads to highlight every issue.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Agree with you 100% until it comes to your last eight words. I have no idea what they are protesting about so they cannot have been too successful in getting their message across. If they want the government to pay to insulate their homes (for government read taxpayer) then I recall getting my loft insulation and cavity wall insulation done for free or for very little a few years back, so the government has already helped. There are lots and lots of things that need fixing in this country, but only idiots would consider it practical to block roads to highlight every issue.

You have no idea what they are protesting about – must be just random coincidence that you then decide to discuss exactly what they were protesting about. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If they are annoying people then their plan is working. No one gives a monkey's banana if there is a march of 100,000 people through London of a weekend or some entertaining billboard adverts put up so if you want attention you have to boil lots of people's urine.

Of course, if I was stuck on the M25 due to their antics then I would be less sanguine about it all though!

Here is the problem.

I heard one of them interviewed, saying that unless we reverse all the climate change in the next 4 years we will cross an event horizon and the planet will die.

Now, this is a hypothesis, and like all hypotheses it may be correct. However it isn't a very plausible hypothesis. A bit like 'if you eat all those sweets your teeth will all fall out'. When presented as incontrovertible fact it puts people off. If it puts me off, a scientist with some awareness of climate change, and a working understanding of the difference between climate and weather, what about other folk who maybe aren't versed in the scientific method and a fan of Carl Popper and the notion of hypothesis falsification?

So if you are concerned about climate change, realise that it is a political fooball, and take note that only when the population are motivated will there be change, and the task now is to get 'the people' onside. These are 'the people' who don't necessarily 'believe' in climate change or 'believe' that it getting a bit warmer is a bad thing.

Know thy constituency, and always remember that you cannot herd cats, especially when you shout at them, stick them in a car and lodge them in a traffic jam.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s a telling and depressing picture when someone takes a look at U.K. 2021 and decides it’s protestors that are the problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here