Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Instead of calleri..?

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I remember a Blackburn fan phoning 606 saying that Rhodes did nothing and was not good enough. Robbie Savage pointed out that Rhodes had already scored 22 goals that season and that the caller did not know what he was talking about. Reminds me of what someone earlier wrote about not being impressed with Rhodes.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I said exactly this on a thread last week.

If Calleri is not to happen then we should go large after Jordan Rhodes. Lets face it Blackburn are not going to be bothering the promotion places anytime soon and if we get to January still in with a shout I can see him being interested. Rovers may have no choice but to sell and I believe they still have money issues.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

so did I say this
make a cheeky offer they can only say no

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Kodija would be great
Ulloa also

Both would be automatic promotion and champs leagues the following season.

But I would be very happy with the Argentinian.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Leo - half season loan.

In fact, get him in now on a 93 dayer, and extend it for the rest of the season in January.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If people think a proven Premier League goal scorer will drop down to the Championship if made available on loan, they are deluded.

There's at least 8 Premier League teams that would take Leo in a heart beat, before he drops down a league.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Rhodes won't go anywhere south of Birmingham, he loves it oooop north.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rather than spend £13m + on Rhodes I would look at other leagues in Europes 2nd tier as we did with Ulloa like France Spain, Germany, Holland and Eastern Europe for the future. Take a loan signing from a top four Premier side even if he is young or old to push for promotion this season. Not them obviously as not available but a Patrick Bamford or Darren Bent. Ricky Lambert would be a possible.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
If people think a proven Premier League goal scorer will drop down to the Championship if made available on loan, they are deluded.

There's at least 8 Premier League teams that would take Leo in a heart beat, before he drops down a league.

You're prob right but is there any evidence other Prem teams have pursued him? I've not seen anything.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We dont need to throw millions at it.

A loan for Wilson or Bamford would do it.

Both will be available for loan in January in my opinion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're prob right but is there any evidence other Prem teams have pursued him? I've not seen anything.
Is there any evidence of Leicester touting him around other teams?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
One has to wonder why a Premiership club hasn't gone in for Rhodes so far. I rate him as the best striker outside the Premiership.

Same here. Why have they kept away? He has the best game goals ratio anywhere in the top divisions.Better than one in two.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I think Calleri can be better than Jordan Rhodes.

Brighton don't spend that much money on a player unless they happen to be pretty much Lionel Messi, and he's being linked with Arsenal and Inter, which Rhodes can't claim.

We should just give into the extra million pound demand from Boca and get it signed ASAP, before probably better offers come in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here