Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Insignificant Things You Cannot Do WITHOUT....

The Hermit Kingdom

Oct 29, 2023
My thermal snoods. Absolute GAMECHANGERS for my winter walks, and when I'm sat in the WSU. Scarves are useless in comparison, and have been consigned to the back of my pants drawer.

Can't wait to see what the freebie snood for STH renewers will be like. Looks a bit thin, but may suffice when it gets a bit warmer.
See the Jack Hinshelwood interview on the official site and Milner’s advice to him.

Snoods are for...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This! I say it once every year, this is the best thing I've ever bought! Some German engineering behind this masterpiece, I don't know what you call it in English, but it is for your Christmas tree. Just make sure the tree stand straight, pump the pedal and you are done! Outstanding!!!View attachment 172921

We bought the largest size from Homebase many years ago. What a game-changer.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
This! I say it once every year, this is the best thing I've ever bought! Some German engineering behind this masterpiece, I don't know what you call it in English, but it is for your Christmas tree. Just make sure the tree stand straight, pump the pedal and you are done! Outstanding!!!View attachment 172921

Looks great but would take festive fun out of hacking at the too wide base of the Christmas tree trunk with a blunt saw/axe/breadknife before trying to hold the tree vertical with one hand and somehow turn the rusty key things with your other hand to get the tree standing up straight.

And the bonus opportunity of doing it twice because the first time the tree was so tightly wedged into the metal cup thing it was impossible to pour in any of the all important daily water...

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
xMUZ7yt3TuzriqhMMMiTXL3aKGEFQYafGrrYyj7r.jpg

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
If ever a thread epitomised the NSC demographic, this is it.

Slowly, we have collectively slipped from an age when such a question might have prompted responses such as “playing football, birds, sex, beer, away games with mates, clubbing, gigs, drugs, visiting new countries, pulling on a Friday night out”, then past – with barely a murmur – another age when things like “time playing with my kids, a date night with the missus, holidays, fine dining” might have featured, to now.

Bird tables and country walks.

Shoe horns and teabags.

Thermal clothes and – oooh, the outrage – a risky 'dicing-with-death' glass of grapefruit juice.

All it needs now is a poster to chip in with “a nice afternoon nap, Werthers Originals and some comfortable slippers”, and – yup – we’re done.

Bozza can hand the keys to NSC to St Peter*, gently power down the server, and a metaphorical field of poppies can grow over us all.

*Other faiths and opinions are also available.
This made me think of an incident on the bus before christmas, when some cheeky little kids were singing "we wish you a boring christmas, we wish you a boring christmas, we wish you a boring christmas, and a boring new year". I was sat there thinking, "I'd be pretty happy with that"

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
JBL Vibe 300 Wireless earphones. I never thought I needed them in my life and just used a dongle thing and wired earphones. But they have been a revelation and a bargin at the £23 I paid for them.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
My once a week Indian takeaway, heaven.

Have a look at https://mistyricardo.com/ . His recipes are very good; last night I did us a madras curry and it was indistinguishable from a takeaway.
(caveat: theres a bit of a learning curve and you need to buy a few spices but its worth it)

JBL Vibe 300 Wireless earphones. I never thought I needed them in my life and just used a dongle thing and wired earphones. But they have been a revelation and a bargin at the £23 I paid for them.

Same goes for my Jlab ones, bought them to try out and now I rarely bother with my £200+ Bose headphones.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If ever a thread epitomised the NSC demographic, this is it.

Slowly, we have collectively slipped from an age when such a question might have prompted responses such as “playing football, birds, sex, beer, away games with mates, clubbing, gigs, drugs, visiting new countries, pulling on a Friday night out”, then past – with barely a murmur – another age when things like “time playing with my kids, a date night with the missus, holidays, fine dining” might have featured, to now.

Bird tables and country walks.

Shoe horns and teabags.

Thermal clothes and – oooh, the outrage – a risky 'dicing-with-death' glass of grapefruit juice.

All it needs now is a poster to chip in with “a nice afternoon nap, Werthers Originals and some comfortable slippers”, and – yup – we’re done.

Bozza can hand the keys to NSC to St Peter*, gently power down the server, and a metaphorical field of poppies can grow over us all.

*Other faiths and opinions are also available.
Well, I was about to post 'ecstasy and whorehouses' but you've made me re-consider my life choices. So it's probably my Simple Human BIN, Le Creuset casserole and organic, free range eggs.

*pours a Sanatogen*

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
NICE toilet roll. There's nothing worse than beginning the clean up operation and discovering to your horror that you're about to subject yourself to a thorough going over by something that has a texture which is a cross between iron fillings, sandpaper and barbed wire.
There is actually something worse - the greaseproof paper that used to be standard issue in schools. Didn't so much wipe as smear

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here