Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Inside No. 9 - New Series

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Tonight...10pm BBC2.

"Gareth is definitely going to be working from home today.
Just to be on the safe side. He doesn't want to push his luck.
Because today just happens to be Friday the 13th."

insideno9.jpg

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
10pm 11th May.

Love Is A Stranger

"You get to meet all sorts when you go online dating, as Vicky's about to find out.
Will she finally meet her perfect match, or will Vicky be talking to the Lonely Hearts Killer?"

Guest stars: Claire Rushbrook, Mathew Horne, Frances Barber and Asim Chaudhry

A short clip of it can be found here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0fk2t8r

love is a stranger.jpg

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The last 2 episodes of Series 8:

Hold On Tight!

Setting: Bus Depot

"Wolfie (Pemberton) and Clarke (Shearsmith) love their old bus, but not as much as the dollybird nieces of the mysterious Mr. Cole (Robin Askwith)."

The Last Weekend

Setting: Lakeside Cabin

"Joe (Pemberton) and Chas (Shearsmith) have been truly in love with each other for nine years. It's a long time, but how long do they need to say goodbye?"

A short clip of it can be found here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0fmnmb1

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Superb last night, top notch

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Claire Rushbrook was absolutely convincing in this. Not quite Sheridan Smith in Christine, but right up there IMHO.

Guessed the twist this time and managed to spot the hare too. The online dates were well fleshed out in their onscreen time.

Up-to-date with pick-up artist guff included. And a clever callback to another psycho who wore a dead mother's dress.

Next week...tickets please!

hold on tight!.jpg

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Claire Rushbrook was absolutely convincing in this. Not quite Sheridan Smith in Christine, but right up there IMHO.

Guessed the twist this time and managed to spot the hare too. The online dates were well fleshed out in their onscreen time.

Up-to-date with pick-up artist guff included. And a clever callback to another psycho who wore a dead mother's dress.

View attachment 160793
Where was it never get the hare

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
After the fun and games of the bus replacement service last week, Season 8 concludes with 'The Last Weekend' at 10pm on BBC2 tonight.

The last of each series is often in the traditional horror genre (e.g. The Harrowing, Seance Time, Private View, Tempting Fate, The Stakeout) so we can probably expect more of the same in what appears to be an idyllic lakeside cabin...

"Joe (Pemberton) and Chas (Shearsmith) have been truly in love with each other for nine years.
It's a long time, but how long do they need to say goodbye?"

the last weekend.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Watched last weeks on the way back from newcastle at least 3 times I went back to iPlayer to find it completely fooled me the rascals
It was a clever one last week, you knew something awful was going to happen to someone but who?

My money was on Lee Mack but fooled me as well

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

View attachment 160793
Was this all a ruse then, because last week was the Lee Mack one?

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Amazing how they're coming up with such great episodes still. The only one I didn't enjoy was the Friday 13th one, bit too farcical for me and stopped watching about half way through.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
I liked the ending of the that episode the ending was a massive shock to me
Amazing how they're coming up with such great episodes still. The only one I didn't enjoy was the Friday 13th one, bit too farcical for me and stopped watching about half way through.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton have played with the audience before. They appeared on The One Show promoting a 'live' Halloween special ('Dead Line') that would be shown as they'd had so much demand from viewers, even though they themselves didn't believe in ghosts. On the night, there was a technical malfunction resulting in an earlier episode 'A Quiet Night In' (Season 1 Episode 2) being shown in its place. At that point, it's estimated that roughly 20% of the TV viewers switched channels or turned the TV off. Shearsmith live tweeted at the time, 'What's going on?' The replacement episode started to go wrong itself with ghostly images that weren't in the original episode appearing, the BBC continuity announcer was getting more and more panicky and then some behind the scenes footage was shown from the supposedly haunted Granada Studios. Of course, it had all been prerecorded, but it was a masterpiece of 'live' TV as they'd set it up so well beforehand.

Last week on the 18th May, the bus replacement service of Lee Mack's gameshow '3 by 3' was shown instead of 'Hold On Tight', the homage to On The Buses. It was the only episode that TV reviewers hadn't been provided with for advance screening, but a photograph {post 115) was released in April of Pemberton, Shearsmith and Robin Asquith from the Confessions movies. Beforehand, Shearsmith and Pemberton had said that people were always suggesting that a number 9 bus would be an obvious location for an episode, and so they couldn't really let people down. A day or two before, Pemberton had said on Twitter than he'd be happy to answer the 3 best questions people had on Inside No 9. The normal poster was provided, so it was all set up to leave on time...and then the bus replacement service came along with Lee Mack and absolutely no sign of Shearsmith or Pemberton (the only time that it's happened). Once again, more viewers turned over or off, but all wasn't quite what it seemed. The clue was in the gameshow title. 3 by 3 equals 9. And then the gameshow turned slightly strange with one set of contestants seeming a little odd when they put their heads together...

One more season to come. The 9th of Inside Number 9. Six episodes or nine? It would be safe to assume that there'll be more surprises to come. :)

Last edited:

Jul 7, 2003
The only problem with last week and the switch was that the continuity announcer gave the game away a little in their introduction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here