Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Innocent victims of a long running war!

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Last summer one of my mates - an Albion season ticket holder - was driving through the Longfield Road Industrial Estate in Tunbridge Wells. Up ahead he saw a skinhead with a Palace shirt on walking the way he was driving. As he drew level he opened his window and shouted an obscenity at said skinhead. With a huge grin on his face he checked the rearview mirror to see the twats reaction, only to see a poor bald lady in a Barcelona shirt looking rather distressed.

Anyone else made this mistake?

He wishes to apologise, via NSC, to the lady, who was obviously on her way to the new hospital at Pembury for a bit of chemo.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I can honestly say that I don't think i'd be that much of a twat to shout out a car Window at anyone i didn't knw and having had a mother die of cancer a few months ago and my father currently going through chemo I think your mate's even more of a prick.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I can honestly say that I don't think i'd be that much of a twat to shout out a car Window at anyone i didn't knw and having had a mother die of cancer a few months ago and my father currently going through chemo I think you're mate's even more of a prick.

post of the day

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I found it funny :shrug: Obviously I'm a bad person.

The funny aspect is not the poor lady with cancer though, it's the bloke being incredibly childish and banal and being made to feel like a complete tit.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I've never felt an urge to shout abuse at a random person going about their daily life. Maybe I'm just not cool.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

The funny aspect is not the poor lady with cancer though, it's the bloke being incredibly childish and banal and being made to feel like a complete tit.

I think the most disrespectful part for me is the OP's use of the phrase on her way for "a bit of chemo". Very blase but fair enough, if you find it funny.

Aside the fact that why anyone would find it amusing, outside of a football match to go to the effort of hurling abuse at somone who has chosen to support another team. He has a right to support whoever he likes, just as you do. As it turns out your mate was both blind and stupid, perhaps not the best guy to be driving?

All this is irrelevant as I think the whole story is bullshit, made up to get a cheap laugh.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Just adds further fuel to my argument that our rivalry with Palace is artificial, out-dated and un-wanted. It was concocted by brainless morons with nothing better to do and it is being perpetuated by brainless morons with nothing better to do.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
haha walking w@nker haha.

Brilliant, comedy genius.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

Thank you, Kaz. As for everyone else, well when he told me I found it f*cking funny, as did everyone else who he told. So, I guess that we're all bad, bad people. But then I did watch Jerry Sadowitz in London recently.

Maybe the responses I've got may be the reason I don't come on here very often anymore. 'The International Movement For Taking Offence At Anything' takes a grip on NSC.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Thank you, Kaz. As for everyone else, well when he told me I found it f*cking funny, as did everyone else who he told. So, I guess that we're all bad, bad people. But then I did watch Jerry Sadowitz in London recently.

Maybe the responses I've got may be the reason I don't come on here very often anymore. 'The International Movement For Taking Offence At Anything' takes a grip on NSC.

I haven't taken offence. I don't believe in offence. I just don't find some prick winding down a window and yelling at someone funny especially when that someone turns out to be a cancer sufferer, very amusing. I think it's probably I great thing you don't post much on here if that'sthe level of crap you find funny. I don't suggest for a minute you and you rfriends are bad people, just massive twats.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
I think the most disrespectful part for me is the OP's use of the phrase on her way for "a bit of chemo". Very blase but fair enough, if you find it funny.

Aside the fact that why anyone would find it amusing, outside of a football match to go to the effort of hurling abuse at somone who has chosen to support another team. He has a right to support whoever he likes, just as you do. As it turns out your mate was both blind and stupid, perhaps not the best guy to be driving?

All this is irrelevant as I think the whole story is bullshit, made up to get a cheap laugh.

Well done sherlock.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

If you found it funny, you're as big a moron as he is.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm afraid it just wasn't very funny on any level. Even not being offended by the punch line of it being an old woman in a Barca shirt, the joke was about as funny as an episode of Mrs Browns Boys.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Grassman, if you think your sense of humour is in any way comparable to Jerry Sadowitz you are very, very much mistaken.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Just adds further fuel to my argument that our rivalry with Palace is artificial, out-dated and un-wanted. It was concocted by brainless morons with nothing better to do

Are you really calling this man a brainless moron?

bha2.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here