Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Injury Watch

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Just seeking any info those near the club may have on the following growing list: :facepalm:

Buckley?
Hoskins?
Greer?
Vincelot?
CMS? ( was he hobbling at the end?)
Lua Lua? ( did he have any after effects from last night?)
Elphick? ( although I am not a fan )
El Abd?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lets not forget after Saturday, we have 2 weeks off. So expect to see Buckley, Hoskins, Greer probably sorted by then, Vincelot possibly depending on how bad it is. CMS will be fine, LuaLua looked fine. Elphick and El-abd probably back in training or nearing training

CoventrySeagull

Jul 7, 2003
Back in HANGLETON
Sounds like we may have a patched up defence for Saturday, unless Gus brings in a loan as cover.

If Greer/Vincelot not available, then Steve Cook may get his chance but only Grant Hall left as cover (who has had 1st team run-out pre-season).

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
What's up with Hoskins? 15 minutes against Cardiff a week or so ago and not even on the bench last night?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
CMS was hobbling around for a quite a bit in the second half but seemed to recover/run it off

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
What's the solution if Greer is not fit for Saturday?

Calderon - Dunk - Painter - Tarrico

I would guess that'd be it, but maybe Calderon centre back instead of Painter as per last night

What's up with Hoskins? 15 minutes against Cardiff a week or so ago and not even on the bench last night?

Suffered a flare up of the injury after the Cardiff game and so hasn't been ready to play again.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
What's the solution if Greer is not fit for Saturday?

Calderon - Dunk - Painter - Tarrico

I think so. Gus has already said Tanno is good enough and Painter enjoys centre back. It'll be a tough game without Greer though, the man is an absolute rock. Put Cook on the bench and see how we get on. As [MENTION=3462]Springal[/MENTION] says we have a two week gap now so would expect Greer and Hoskins to be back in contention by then.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
The muscle injury to his hip flared up again and the club are erring on the side of caution.

I guessed so, but hadn't heard/read anything about that and what with the CMS/Barnes pairing seeming to hit it off and banging in the goals there is no desperate need to rush him back.

I think and hope (obviously) Greer plays Saturday. I mean it wasn't as if he was stretchered off was it and from the reports nothing seems to have been pulled, fingers crossed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hopefully Greer's withdrawal was purely precautionary.

Buckley will be back Saturday, I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here