Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injury time

el punal

Don't need any of that. Just make it an offence to deliberately take the ball into the corner, maybe even make it a card offence. If the ref deems that it's been done on purpose, it's a free kick to the other team (I hate it as well - even if the Albion are doing it).

Whether you like it or not - I was at Old Trafford when we did it and I loved it! - the ball is still in play, on the field of play, so it’s down to the opposition to try and win it back. At Fulham we were the mugs for close quarter involvement resulting in the ball always coming off our player for a Fulham throw in. Like it or not that’s football. In my view the worst time wasting is when players con the ref with feigned head injuries. The ref has then got to stop the game immediately. Perhaps then the authorities should introduce a compulsory HIA (Head Injury Assessment) as they do in rugby. This involves the player being off the pitch for a considerable time while being inspected by medical experts.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Whether you like it or not - I was at Old Trafford when we did it and I loved it! - the ball is still in play, on the field of play, so it’s down to the opposition to try and win it back. At Fulham we were the mugs for close quarter involvement resulting in the ball always coming off our player for a Fulham throw in. Like it or not that’s football. In my view the worst time wasting is when players con the ref with feigned head injuries. The ref has then got to stop the game immediately. Perhaps then the authorities should introduce a compulsory HIA (Head Injury Assessment) as they do in rugby. This involves the player being off the pitch for a considerable time while being inspected by medical experts.

At the very least, if there is a head injury there should be a compulsory check by the physio including leaving the pitch.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The whole situation could have been avoided two minutes into the extra time after Fulham lost the ball following their free kick. We're 2-1 down with 4 minutes to play and STILL we tippy tappy at the back when Fulham still have SEVEN players in our half. Lob the ball Into their half and immediately the pressure is relieved, easy no?

Especially with Mitoma and Lamptey on the pitch, I assumed that was the whole point of bringing them on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here