Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inigo Calderon tweeting about the thoroughly deserved standing ovation

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
mmmmm but he had a terrible game... love the bloke but today showed we need an attacking right back. Calde a gent but not up to it. Awaits panning.

Dont know what game you were watching? i thought he done ok! Defended well and attacked well, what more do you want!

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
mmmmm but he had a terrible game... love the bloke but today showed we need an attacking right back. Calde a gent but not up to it. Awaits panning.
you are f----joking,right ,he gave everything in the shitty system we are playing what the **** do you expect from a full back he was the player always the looking to attack and exploit the space he had Words fail me no mark poster

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I'm not sure exactly how I can put my love for Calde into words, the man is a living legend and the day he retires will be an enormously sad one indeed.

Inigo :bowdown:

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
He is up there as one of the best ever right backs who have graced the stripes in the 46 years I have supported the club. He excites me when he gets the ball because I know he is always thinking about getting forward. The amount of goals he scored in that league one season and the fact he never get petulant when he is not in the starting line up coupled with his smashing behaviour off the pitch makes him one of the legends that The Albion have ever had play for them in my time.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Future Albion manager? How awesome would that be, love him.

Heart says yes, head says no. I would love him to be a successful manager of our club, but a) he's probably too nice and b) that would pretty much guarantee him leaving the club within 2-3 years of his appointment. I want him to stay forever.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
He is up there as one of the best ever right backs who have graced the stripes in the 46 years I have supported the club. He excites me when he gets the ball because I know he is always thinking about getting forward. The amount of goals he scored in that league one season and the fact he never get petulant when he is not in the starting line up coupled with his smashing behaviour off the pitch makes him one of the legends that The Albion have ever had play for them in my time.

This. I remember last season when he was dropped for Bruno, Calderon was on the sidelines warmin up and really supporting Bruno, legend

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
This is my 40th year as an Albion fan, lord alone knows how many players in that time have worn the stripes, and the solids when we didn't have stripes. Hundreds I guess. In that time there's far more I've forgotten than I'll ever remember, but I'll always remember and love Calderon. A special person who gives so much, both on and off the field. Appreciate him, because in the modern age he's a rare breed.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Great guy and I love him. But he was feeling the pace and had just had a ball lashed at him from a yard away before going off.

Stood and applauded him from WSU with the rest of us. Should be player/coach who would lead by example on and off the pitch.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
He was relying on an inside pass to Bruno quite a lot and there was a moment in the second half when the Bolton defender thought he had him sussed, but when the defender tucked in to cut off the pass to Bruno, Calde knocked it on and burst down the wing! # still go tit

That hashtag is a bit harsh, don't you think...:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here