Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inflatable seagull - £1.07 delivered

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Having pulled the package from the envelope, I tore at the plastic wrapping unleashing the heady fumes of sealed plastic into the tight air of my living room. Perhaps, if I realised then what I know now, I might have stopped and put the accursed thing back in its envelope. But I was intoxicated with joy at the thought of the funny little seagull and how much it would look at home, hanging from my ceiling. And so, I inflated it...
Things went well for the first day or two. It dangled quite serenely from a corner of the ceiling; catching the occasional waft of fresh air from the open window.
I couldn't have been happier.
However, slowly but surely, over the next few days, something crept over me, like a frail shroud of fear.
It started innocuously enough - the glimpse of the seagull's plastic skin, turning slowly as I enter the room and flick on the light. A movement when there is no breeze to form it. Then, the eyes. Those once-so-welcoming orbs, which now seemed to stare at me, caught in the corner of my eye as I watch television. Never blinking. Only staring. Silent. Judging me.
It has been over a week now.
I want to take the seagull down. I need to. But something stops me.
Once, I was scared to enter the room. Now I am afraid to leave it.
What strange, mesmeric power does this thing hold over me?
Why does it stare so?
Why am I so powerless against it?
My body feels more drained with every passing moment.
I know it will come for me soon. Swoop down from that accursed corner of the ceiling which it inhabits. Feed on me as I sleep. Pluck out my eyeballs with two simple stabs of that orange beak. But I must rest soon.
I am tired. So tired. But I cannot close my eyes, nor turn my back for one second on this fiendish thing.....
Brilliant review.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
the price is going up lol - good reviews too :

Having pulled the package from the envelope, I tore at the plastic wrapping unleashing the heady fumes of sealed plastic into the tight air of my living room. Perhaps, if I realised then what I know now, I might have stopped and put the accursed thing back in its envelope. But I was intoxicated with joy at the thought of the funny little seagull and how much it would look at home, hanging from my ceiling. And so, I inflated it...
Things went well for the first day or two. It dangled quite serenely from a corner of the ceiling; catching the occasional waft of fresh air from the open window.
However, slowly but surely, over the next few days, something crept over me, like a frail shroud of fear.
It started innocuously enough - the glimpse of the seagull's plastic skin, turning slowly as I enter the room and flick on the light. A movement when there is no breeze to form it. Then, the eyes. Those once-so-welcoming orbs, which now seemed to stare at me, caught in the corner of my eye as I watch television. Never blinking. Only staring. Silent. Judging me.
Why does it stare so?
I know it will come for me soon. Swoop down from that accursed corner of the ceiling which it inhabits. Feed on me as I sleep. Pluck out my eyeballs with two simple stabs of that orange beak. But I must rest soon.
I am tired. So tired. But I cannot close my eyes, nor turn my back for one second on this fiendish thing.....

That is brilliant! :clap2:

stimpy

Apr 28, 2012
Lancing
Ive been taking these to games throughout the season and they always get a good reaction from the fans around us (south west corner).
Ive ordered a few more and hope to see alot of them floating around during the play offs. Although they dont float/fly particularly well

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ive been taking these to games throughout the season and they always get a good reaction from the fans around us (south west corner).
Ive ordered a few more and hope to see alot of them floating around during the play offs. Although they dont float/fly particularly well

Have you tried them with helium?

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway

Why does it stare so?

Reads like a meades ball post. Excellent stuff.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone remember Shrewsbury 25 years ago?,we all had em there

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Why does it stare so?

Possibly the greatest thing I've ever read :lolol:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Still got ours from the Liverpool trip last season.

NB We need more beachballs. Brought one on Saturday but a couple of dozen would be much more fun. Anyone else? Only 99p from your local tat shop. Or beach equipment accessories store.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Will these even be allowed into selhurst...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
When I bought this superb Seagull, I called it Leo and it hung proudly in my front window. My neighbour's inflatable eagle that he calls Glenn, immediately deflated and was never seen again. I can only conclude that Seagull Leo is far better quality than Eagle Glenn.

Ha ha!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Will these even be allowed into selhurst...

Mine will be stashed in a top secret bodily location totally deflated, it will then be inflated once past the retinal scanner, photo id & fingerprint scanner, when safely inside smellhurst :)

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
Price has gone up to £1.20!! I understand supply and demand and all that, but after spending out on tickets for both semi final matches with travel etc I have to draw the line somewhere.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Price has gone up to £1.20!! I understand supply and demand and all that, but after spending out on tickets for both semi final matches with travel etc I have to draw the line somewhere.

:lolol: excellent

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
was sorting out the loft the other day, and discovered a box with loads of old seagulls stuff in. There was an inflatable seagull in there which will be accompanying me and my daughter on Monday, so will not need to purchase! - although seems a reasonable deal.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here