Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Inflatable kayak, canoeing in Sussex

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I've heard coarse anglers can get the arse if you paddle past when they are getting drowning their maggots...

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Don't want to hijack the thread, but quick question please - are you using a two seater with a second person, or just you and then putting the carry bag plus the stuff in the other seat?

It's a two seater, and I mainly use it with another person in the kayak too - there's a fair bit of space still within the boat for day bags etc. We did an overnight stay in Cookham for the Thames trip staying in an Airbnb so didn't need camping stuff etc - you'd struggle to carry that with another person in the boat.

I'd say a sit in inflatable (which I've also used) offers more kayak packing opportunities as there's way more storage within the boat.

Am looking at getting a one or two person Shipwreck Arrowstream next which would be a fair upgrade, but also a fair bit pricier!

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Its a very popular spot now at the Mills - although I've heard the pub owner gets arsey if people paddle on the stretch past the Inn as he rents out boats, and thinks that part of the river belongs to him :shrug:

Not all rivers have navigation rights, he may well rent or own them on that stretch in which case he would have every right to object.

Post lockdown this has become a massive issue on loads of rivers where there are no navigation rights but some of the public believe they can do what they want and go where they want. Buying and enjoying using a paddle board or kyack is brilliant fun, but please respect where you can and cannot use them. :)

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Its a very popular spot now at the Mills - although I've heard the pub owner gets arsey if people paddle on the stretch past the Inn as he rents out boats, and thinks that part of the river belongs to him :shrug:

The guy is a prick, he also got the arse that we had a picnic next to the public footpath in the field NEXT to his pub, had a go saying we should be eating in his pub being post covid struggles etc blah blah blah. I pointed out one of us was a paramedic and the other a teacher so he could shove his covid sob story…. He then got into a new Disco 5……. On the two occasions I’ve tried to eat there the 2+ hour wait for food resulted in free drinks. Very unpleasant man who can **** off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here