Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Infantino of FIFA accuses West of hypocracy.doesn't really get irony.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
An email went round work yesterday, which I deleted without replying to, sent by someone organising a world cup prediction competition. £10 entry, winner takes all - 5 people out of 50+ expressed interest apparently.
I’ve got to be honest as much as I knew Englands first game was on Monday, I actually had to look up what day the WC started and who the host nation was playing first.

Absolutely no hype on this one and it would be typical for us to win it out there

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Whataboutery at its finest. Warped logic, apologistic claptrap.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
3000 years? He might need a history lesson. But our atrocities don’t excuse anyone else’s.
The twat might consider that what we did 3000 years ago we no longer do , because we have evolved ( in general ) but this bunch still commit the same atrocities as they always have , so who should be apologising ? .

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
So sick of the crap coming out of FIFA and Qatar at this WC - respect the culture, accept that Islam largely forbids the drinking of alcohol, put up with the u-turn on fans being allowed to buy alcoholic drinks in the Stadium … except if you have the kind of money Qatar and FIFA want ….

Who are the hypocrites?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So sick of the crap coming out of FIFA and Qatar at this WC - respect the culture, accept that Islam largely forbids the drinking of alcohol, put up with the u-turn on fans being allowed to buy alcoholic drinks in the Stadium … except if you have the kind of money Qatar and FIFA want ….

Who are the hypocrites?
Kind of makes sense. In a general concourse with locals that have paid $16 a ticket, they probably don’t want to be mixing with beer swilling idiots if you are a strict Muslim who isn’t exposed to that regularly. Hospitality obviously doesn’t mix on the general concourses. But it shouldn’t be a bait / switch with less than a week to go, should have been laid out up front

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Really disgusting. How can someone so clueless and idiotic be given a platform? When can we put a wooden spike through the whataboutery coffin and stop listening this shit. It is really getting aggravating. I learned two wrongs doesn't make a right when I was 3!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I still hope that every team just sit down on the whistle and refuse to play. That would send a the strongest message of all. Obviously Qatar wouldn’t, but it would be amazing if everyone else did.
f*** Qatar 2022
This would, of course, result in Qatar winning the World Cup...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Kind of makes sense. In a general concourse with locals that have paid $16 a ticket, they probably don’t want to be mixing with beer swilling idiots if you are a strict Muslim who isn’t exposed to that regularly. Hospitality obviously doesn’t mix on the general concourses. But it shouldn’t be a bait / switch with less than a week to go, should have been laid out up front
Surely they would segrate the main English or German etc fans so they could have there own drinking arrangements....

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Interesting the BBC chose not to use his quotes making the same point I made yesterday;

Especially those British construction / civil engineering organisations involved in stadium builds and seemingly turned a blind eye.View attachment 153812
so much for keeping politics out of sport , that little rant will have repercussions .....guaranteed.:rolleyes:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Nothing you can do but shake your head in astonishment when someone comes out with someone like that.
1668928419367.png

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Surely they would segrate the main English or German etc fans so they could have there own drinking arrangements....
There’s no segregation at World Cups , the FAs allocations (around 10-12% of capacity) are generally together but the rest is mixed

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
I read most of Qatar's pre-tournament games (and there have been many) were played behind closed doors. However there are reports that some officials who were able to be present were alarmed at the number of penalties awarded to them by the match officials. So it will be interesting to see how many are awarded today and in their future games - poll anyone?

el punal

I read most of Qatar's pre-tournament games (and there have been many) were played behind closed doors. However there are reports that some officials who were able to be present were alarmed at the number of penalties awarded to them by the match officials. So it will be interesting to see how many are awarded today and in their future games - poll anyone?
How about this for sorting out this shambles of a shit show :

Don’t bother with ninety minutes of play. Each game should just have a penalty shoot out. Qatar will be allocated ten attempts and the opposition one. There, the whole f***ing circus can finish in two days and we can all resume playing league football again - if only!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here