Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
The water lilies are the wrong colour though...

If you are a GBs fan - have you seen the G is for Go Betweens box set to be released on Domino in January. Looks fantastic though at £120 for volume 1 of 3 it needs to be. The first 600 orders get a book from Grant McLennan's personal library.

bradx

Apr 10, 2011
Brighton
I took some photos at the Apple Orchard McCarthy gig at the Escape all those years ago. Must find them.

Also did you people listen to Turn It Up on Radio Sussex? Is Mike Bradshaw on here?
Belatedly - yes I am! I see Turn It Up is well remembered on this forum. Was a great thing to be involved with. I joined in 1985 and left in 1993.
Lots of good memories. I'm still active in the radio 'business'. I'll post a link if there's any interest.
I don't play too much indie anymore though. I even sold my Sarah Records collection last year. I had an almost complete early run of test pressings sent to me by Clare from the label way back in the 80s.
I kept a few of the best ones though... like 14 Iced Bears, Another Sunny Day, Sea Urchins and The Field Mice.

Turn It Up is mentioned a few times on NSC... and always with some affection. Cheers! :)

Flex Your Head

This is one of those songs that you don't really know when they pump out of your headphones on the train or as you walk to work, but sound bloody brilliant.

I think I snapped up the CD cheap on Ebay a year or two back and never really got round to listening to it, so am finally hearing the songs when they come on via shuffle. I 'discover' so much great music so long after the event using this 'method'!

Flex Your Head

This year's Big Pink Cake christmas gig is looking awesome, and Come Again DJs in the same size font as Amelia Fletcher :laugh:

Big Pink Cake 2014.jpg

Tiny venue and not many tickets left, so act quickly if you're going to come along.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Anybody bought any of the new Wedding Present reissues? There seems to be a lot of discontent with the packaging - comments about it making the cds unplayable on Amazon. Might hold out for a bit....

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Flex Your Head

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Yes, the Gol Gappas were around in 1986. They did some good stuff, I remember a great song called Saint Lucy from around then. One of my housemates in Leeds used to put out their records, though I never remember them doing any, or many, gigs.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Big shout out for the stadium PA guy at Celtic Park, last night.

Pre-match music - Orange Juice, followed by Echo & The Bunnymen, followed by Primal Scream...

Can we bin off Nick Osbourne and get this chap in, instead?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

That McCarthy collection is good value. Will probably be deleted and cost you twice as much in a year's time. As for the Bogshed t-shirt, well, I'm amazed....

What are people's top tunes of the year? I'll probably post mine up on the albums thread, but it's going to include Court/Date by Literature, Bright Eyes by Allo Darlin', Archie, Marry Me by Alvvays, Honey Do by Beverly, plus others I haven't remembered yet.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
What are people's top tunes of the year? I'll probably post mine up on the albums thread, but it's going to include Court/Date by Literature, Bright Eyes by Allo Darlin', Archie, Marry Me by Alvvays, Honey Do by Beverly, plus others I haven't remembered yet.

I've found 2014 a bit odd. I was looking forward to the Hobbes Fanclub, Gold Bears and Allo Darlin' albums but found them all a little underwhelming. Really like the Martha album though, probably my favourite this year. And I liked a lot of stuff that Tuff Enuff Records put out. As you say, lots of other stuff I haven't remembered yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here