Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

Flex Your Head

Meanwhile, I'm trying to decide what to do with this lot:

View attachment 69806

Bloody hell! That could've come from my loft. (Except I threw 99% of my cassettes away when we moved a couple of years back. Do I miss 'em? Nah, but I tell myself I do every so often.)

Meanwhile, I hit 50 last weekend. The blow was softened somewhat by this little beauty which is an absolute cracker.

Chills.jpg

And this, which is shite yet wonderful.

BHA 7.jpg

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Flex Your Head

Yes. Or a three hour film about Ron Johnson records.

Complete with Kangaroo bollocks.

All weekend I've been struggling with a stupidly random thought stuck in the back of my mind; was there a band (or song, or album, or something), in the same-ish mould as Bogshed, Pigbros, A Witness and so on, called Blubberhouse(s)? Or possibly one of those band's hometown?

Any ideas?

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
All weekend I've been struggling with a stupidly random thought stuck in the back of my mind; was there a band (or song, or album, or something), in the same-ish mould as Bogshed, Pigbros, A Witness and so on, called Blubberhouse(s)? Or possibly one of those band's hometown?

Any ideas?

I shouldn't still know this stuff, but it was a Pigbros record

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Has anyone come across this yet? Some tracks from Stef Goodman ex of local types Blue Minkies and Shrag

https://soundcloud.com/steph-shrag

Can't believe Flex Your Head hasn't pointed this out yet. You must be busy Murray. What were the best indie tracks of the year? I'm still considering, but I'm putting Crowded Stranger by Girlpool and Joke by Chastity Belt on notice. Men for Miles by Ought will also be required.

Flex Your Head

Can't believe Flex Your Head hasn't pointed this out yet. You must be busy Murray. What were the best indie tracks of the year? I'm still considering, but I'm putting Crowded Stranger by Girlpool and Joke by Chastity Belt on notice. Men for Miles by Ought will also be required.

Not so much busy, more constantly distracted. Currently spending any spare time looking at pictures of brutalist buildings, reading books about Soviet bus stops, and watching Jonathan Meades documentaries.

I'm horribly out of touch this year as music has taken a bit of a back seat - I've not even heard the last Joanna Gruesome LP yet; what's it like?
I seem to have had cycles of music being the most important thing EVER, then feeling a bit 'meh' about it all for the last 30 years. No doubt I'll have a night some time soon when I sit up till two with a bottle of red wine and fall in love with music all over again, all triggered by a clip of The Chefs on Facebook or something.

For what it's worth, I've really enjoyed the recent albums by Finnmark!, The Ethical Debating Society, The Fireworks (obv), Fever Dream, Colleen Green, Bunnygrunt, and one or two others, but my favourite has been Silver Bullets by The Chills. I was somewhat dubious at first as it's been 19 years since their last 'proper' album, but it is genuinely wonderful and a real slow burner or grower. Here's a couple of tracks - are they any good, or am I just being woefully nostalgic and giving them an easy ride?

I've just played (and really enjoyed) the three tracks you mention but, blimey - don't Ought sound like mid-period Wire?!

And this is worth a blast if you can spare 62 seconds - Boyracer covering The Rosehips.

http://freakscene1.bandcamp.com/track/shouldnt-have-to-say

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here