Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Not going as well as hoped- thanks though Tiny.
Here's homage to a different Bob from the great HMHB

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester

Despite not being a Brighton fan, I have been present at several memorable Zamora moments courtesy of my dad, who is. Including his hattrick (debut?) at Chester and his impossible chip at Bury.

Flex Your Head

So Indietracks 2015 has come and gone with nary a mention on here! Shame about the rain on Friday and Sunday, but I enjoyed The Luxembourg Signal, the bits of Tuff Love I got to see, Evans The Death (finally better than a recent iffy London show), The Leaf Library were good too, wish I'd seen the whole set. It was difficult to fit it all in, but still a great atmosphere...

Quote from my little boy: "Would you like to see the owls?" "If you mean birds, yes, if you mean a band, no"....

The rain was a bit of a pain, but I still thoroughly enjoyed myself. Highlights for me were the superbly hypnotic and shoe-gazey Fever Dream, great noisy sets from Flemmings and Ethical Debating Society in the church, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart who'd I'd not listened to for ages but played a cracking, crowd-pleasing headline set on the Saturday. The Fireworks and The Luxembourg Signal were both fantastic and both went down a storm on the Sunday, and The Go! Team were a wonderful, hyperactive way to bring it all to a close.

Next year is the 10th Indietracks - you should all come along :thumbsup:. I have as much fun just 'hanging out' and chatting and drinking and forgetting about work as I do watching the bands.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Been having a huge clear out since Monday and became all emotional finding this little fanzine from The Big Twang days. Articles inside on The Mekons, Microdisney and Ten Million Quentins. A struggle to read parts of it through varifocal contact lenses. Never a problem in my twenties! We were clearly spoilt- what a great selection of bands for November and December.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Really enjoying Sleuth and have fallen a wee bit in love with this.

Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

And what are they actually doing in that video? It's like hockey but with no sticks. Is it some obscure Canadian roller skating girls pushing each other over sport? If so we should have it over here to.

Flex Your Head

And what are they actually doing in that video? It's like hockey but with no sticks. Is it some obscure Canadian roller skating girls pushing each other over sport? If so we should have it over here to.

Roller Derby. Looks ace!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roller_derby

We do have it over here apparently: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_Roller_Derby_As sociation

One of the players goes by the name Fanny Batter.

http://www.roller-derbyuk.co.uk/derby-skater-profile/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here