Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Independent Football Ombudsman rules on Albion fan ban and loyalty points deduction

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Despite somewhat belligerently maintaining the stance that they’d done nothing wrong, the club have nonetheless, through their subsequent behaviour, conceded that things could perhaps have been done better.

Case in point.

A DULLARD bought my Arse away ticket for me. I have just received an email from the club telling me:

1. I have a ticket for Arse away.
2. “If you did not purchase a ticket for this match or were unaware that a ticket had been purchased in your name please contact Supporter Services as soon as possible.”

This is new.
Thanks for confirming - I heard from the club that this change had been made.

In most cases, any F&F purchase is likely to be both known about and with prior consent, but this change does help to close the door on potentially malicious purchases.

I recall a case from a few years back where one of the young vloggers bought a bunch of tickets using F&F and then sold them on for a profit, possible to away fans, which got found out and, I think, triggered a long-ish ban for him. With hindsight, I'm slightly surprised this didn't bring about these alerts, although maybe the ticketing system at the time didn't have that functionality.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Despite somewhat belligerently maintaining the stance that they’d done nothing wrong, the club have nonetheless, through their subsequent behaviour, conceded that things could perhaps have been done better.

Case in point.

A DULLARD bought my Arse away ticket for me. I have just received an email from the club telling me:

2. “If you did not purchase a ticket for this match or were unaware that a ticket had been purchased in your name please contact Supporter Services as soon as possible.”

This is new.
And it’s a good thing. That doesn’t make the club responsible for people’s rule breaking before this e mail was introduced though. Just because people were technically able to get around the rules that doesn’t deflect the blame elsewhere. Pretty strange moral code that would be.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Case in point.

This is new.
It could be argued the club didn't do anything wrong but that doesn't mean things can't be improved. Also, you read the email, whereas when the complainant received an email he didn't.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Very well run club on the pitch. Very poorly run club for those in the stands. Still a long way to go on that front, as is obvious here.

Will never happen with Bloom at the helm though. The man’s incapable of such things.
EFA.

Nicks

So today at the game we had two Arsenal fans in front of us in the away end who got their tickets from a 1901 member !!!
It boiled my piss all afternoon until the first goal went in.
But seriously how is this allowed 🤬🤬🤬

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So today at the game we had two Arsenal fans in front of us in the away end who got their tickets from a 1901 member !!!
It boiled my piss all afternoon until the first goal went in.
But seriously how is this allowed 🤬🤬🤬
Didn’t someone tell you life is about double standards?! :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here