[News] Increased risk of being randomly horrifically attack while out and about

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Just to clarify, as you and Harry WT know (but others might not) ‘Autism’ has nothing to do with mental health illnesses, it is the way your brain is wired at birth (I am pretty sure someone started an autism thread last year). Having Autism certainly doesn’t make me more likely than a non-neurodivergent person to go out and commit murder most foul. 😎

As far as random killings by mentally disturbed people, have they increased? No idea (you could probably find stats online) I worked in the drug and alcohol/homelessness services for 20 years and it was common knowledge that as a result of the overhaul of mental health care in this Country under Thatcher to end institutionalised care and introduce Care in the Community, many people fell through the net (and ended up homeless) then became sectioned anyway in crises because Community support is severely underfunded and always has been. Of course Class A drugs have always been around too so much of what we might see as mental health ‘breakdowns’ in public (in A&E) is often drug induced psychosis.

He’s lucky he’s alive, he would have been shot in the US for putting the officer‘s and public lives at risk having already fatally attacked a young boy.
In the US, he may well have been carrying an AR-15, blown a number of people to pieces, and then the responding police officers may or may not have engaged him, based on hundreds of events in recent years.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
There's risks everywhere in society, but its is rare that is it is you. You can't live life like that and worry about being attacked in my opinion, if it happens it happens, and it builds you as a person. I do think its shocking the lack of mental health support in this country as someone who has suffered, its a massive crisis that it is the governments responsibility to fix.
It may build you as a person if you don’t die during the attack I suppose.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bit of a glut of horrible murders right now.

and for more ghoulishness:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Bit of a glut of horrible murders right now.

and for more ghoulishness:

Did you mean ghoulishness, or gooleyless?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports