Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Incident on the Pitch

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
In amongst the pitch invasion, the rush of fans around Russell Slade a small child got knocked down and I'm pretty sure they were trampled on. I tried to stop to help them up, but was pushed along by the surge of people. I couldn't stay after to see if they were ok as I was in a rush to meet someone at Brighton Station.

Does anyone know if he/she is alright?

gasgull

Nov 14, 2003
Newick
there was a young girl,probably only about five who was knocked down over towards the north stand.if she was the same girl dont worry she was safely delivered her back to her parents in the north stand.dont really think they showed alot of sense letting her go on the pitch even if she was with her brothers.who by the way only looked about 6..:shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In amongst the pitch invasion, the rush of fans around Russell Slade a small child got knocked down and I'm pretty sure they were trampled on. I tried to stop to help them up, but was pushed along by the surge of people. I couldn't stay after to see if they were ok as I was in a rush to meet someone at Brighton Station.

Does anyone know if he/she is alright?

Dean Cox is fine. No need to worry.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
What parent takes a child of that age on at the start of a pitch invasion? It's fine afterwards when people are milling around, but surely in the initial first couple of minutes it's madness?

gasgull

Nov 14, 2003
Newick
It would have been ok but the parents were sat in there seats in the north stand and were not even on the pitch.She got flattened as the stewards ushered big Russ off the pitch.

yellownblue

Mar 6, 2009
Wot is it with this knob and the stewards, dont you realise they are not the ones that make call. It comes from their control box and the safety steward that makes the call on what happens. One day you dicks that have a go at them will realise what that box is at the end of the south stand.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Wot is it with this knob and the stewards, dont you realise they are not the ones that make call. It comes from their control box and the safety steward that makes the call on what happens. One day you dicks that have a go at them will realise what that box is at the end of the south stand.

Way to make a new account to make these posts, big man! :thumbsup:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004

Are you talking about Deal or no Deal? That's the banker that makes the call.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
i also saw this girl and saw her being picked up to her feet so i believe all is ok, just a cut knee by the look of things

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008

what the f*** are you on about?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Great post :clap:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove

Just called about half the posters on here DICKS..........3 posts in. Good work:nono:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I fell over, but I'm alright. Slightly swollen knee and some bruised ribs. My body is just not used to running anymore. I was pretty scared at the time, I can tell thee. I was right in the front of the pitch invasion and felt sure I would be trampled to death. I felt like the jockey of a Grand National horse that fell at Beechers Brook.

Jimmy Grimble

More IMPORTANTLY did anyone see the CUT on Slade's HEAD?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
yes i did. i was very worried. He seems ok at the moment and im sure he said something on SW that he was seeing a Doctor or somethings. Guess only time will tell.

Fingers crossed.

Stewards are also required to think on their feet, so if any one in hi-viz saw a child getting trampled they'd be on that situation straight away.

Personally, I was more worried about a pitch invasion before the match was over, to get at a ref for blowing for a penalty or summat - that could have been confusing since we were expecting it to happen in celebration.

Good to hear the child was alright in the end, but like has been said - the parents/guardians bear the first responsibility.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
at the last game at the goldstone, i was about 12/13, i used to stand at the front of the north. for those last few games the stewards would lift me and co-ed over the barriers because the surge was so instense they worried about us. at the donny match, they lifted us over on about 85 minutes an we were just waiting there at the front on the byline. next thing i hear a whistel and go for it, i was sprinting onto the pitch and tried to give mark morris a rose ... he shouted at me to 'get off the pitch' so i raced back, a bit shaken, with this floppy rose.

next thing, the ref blows up, i run for it, but my foot slips and i fall, cue about 100 albion fans trampling over me, i curled up, but some unknown fan hauled me up, dragging me along the turf until i was on my feet. happy days.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
at the last game at the goldstone, i was about 12/13, i used to stand at the front of the north. for those last few games the stewards would lift me and co-ed over the barriers because the surge was so instense they worried about us. at the donny match, they lifted us over on about 85 minutes an we were just waiting there at the front on the byline. next thing i hear a whistel and go for it, i was sprinting onto the pitch and tried to give mark morris a rose ... he shouted at me to 'get off the pitch' so i raced back, a bit shaken, with this floppy rose.

next thing, the ref blows up, i run for it, but my foot slips and i fall, cue about 100 albion fans trampling over me, i curled up, but some unknown fan hauled me up, dragging me along the turf until i was on my feet. happy days.

they were the days eh mate - sounds f***ing ace!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here