[News] Incident Boundary Road/NCR Jnct

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone ever get their hair cut at Anna’s on boundry road back in the day?

Free head massage with every cut. If you know you know.
There are a lot of gentlemen who insist on Anna, but then again she’s had some interesting colleagues over the years. Some good, many not so.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I never said it wasn't round a corner. 😆
I also believed the incident to be by the skips outside where Keehan's Antiques used to be in Franklin Road. I have no evidence to support that, your Honour.
I do think you may need to reassess your measurements but I have to congratulate you on superb and the correct use of commas in your post 👏👏👏

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Are there really?

None in Ditchling when we picked up our eggs last week. Not sure there were three shops in total in the Devon villages we drove through to get to The Manor back in February. Don’t even think there’s a Turkish in Steyning from memory.

There are f***ing loads in Boundary Road though.
2 in our village. Plus another 10 hairdressers and barbers! It’s quite ridiculous. Both Turkish places opened after everything else already established. You’d think we’ve a colony of wookies nearby given the numbers. Neighbouring village now has 3, and two others both have two now. These in addition to already established hairdressers and barbers. They’ll be in lay-bys soon. Fancy a burger and a quick trim? Coming right up…

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Yeah it’s a difficult balance. No lines crossed so far though.

I would point out for those unfamiliar with the area that there seem to be too many barbers on the road for them all to make money. But you can also say the same thing for off licences, charity shops, distinctly average cafes, fast food takeaways and pound / discount shops.

People are bound to draw their own conclusions.

"The Portslade Turkish Barber Shop Wars" doesn't roll quite so easily off the tongue as "The Glasgow Ice Cream Wars" though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
2 in our village. Plus another 10 hairdressers and barbers! It’s quite ridiculous. Both Turkish places opened after everything else already established. You’d think we’ve a colony of wookies nearby given the numbers. Neighbouring village now has 3, and two others both have two now. These in addition to already established hairdressers and barbers. They’ll be in lay-bys soon. Fancy a burger and a quick trim? Coming right up…
So there are three Turkish Barbers in one village near you, two in some others and none in some villages in Sussex, rather than “three in most villages” 👍.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

What villages would those be then ???

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Attachments

• IMG_6756.jpeg
    IMG_6756.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 35

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah it’s a difficult balance. No lines crossed so far though.

I would point out for those unfamiliar with the area that there seem to be too many barbers on the road for them all to make money. But you can also say the same thing for off licences, charity shops, distinctly average cafes, fast food takeaways and pound / discount shops.

People are bound to draw their own conclusions.
All I'll add is that I was in HB with my 6 year old a week or so ago (for the first time) and they seemed a very nice friendly bunch in there

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
There’s a hideous bar/pub just south of Richer Sounds. I’ve seen fights outside a few times, usually 60 year old pissheads.
The Bat and Ball perhaps?

Barmaid short-changed me in there the last time I went in there and lied directly to my face about having done it.

That was twenty years ago.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Bat and Ball perhaps?

Barmaid short-changed me in there the last time I went in there and lied directly to my face about having done it.

That was twenty years ago.

There was widespread use of bats outside.

My ploy when sensing dodgy staff was to faux apologise beforehand with “Sorry, I’ve only got a twenty” or whatever was relevant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports