Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Incident Boundary Road/NCR Jnct

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Who joins a massive queue for a haircut? You'd be there all day. Take your custom elsewhere :shrug:
Oi. If you'd paid attention to this thread properly you'd know that I have taken my custom elsewhere; to HBs of all places, though that's not much now use unless you like closed Barbers with locked doors and police tape across the windows.

Also, what all you Non-Portslade uneducated NSC goons don't realise is that Boundary Road is an epicentre for Gentlemen with a taste for stylish and a la mode coiffures and thus ALL the Barbers are chokka all the time. Nothing like Mr Toppers on Western Road or wherever it is you get your head mown.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Oi. If you'd paid attention to this thread properly you'd know that I have taken my custom elsewhere; to HBs of all places, though that's not much now use unless you like closed Barbers with locked doors and police tape across the windows.

Also, what all you Non-Portslade uneducated NSC goons don't realise is that Boundary Road is an epicentre for Gentlemen with a taste for stylish and a la mode coiffures and thus ALL the Barbers are chokka all the time. Nothing like Mr Toppers on Western Road or wherever it is you get your head mown.
And there was me innocently replying to your moany post about massive queues at somewhere or other 😄

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
If it means I don't have to try and make conversation with anybody, then I'm interested.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Too right.

People are ALWAYS commenting on my “do”.

:moo:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I haven't frequented a barbers since 1988 and despite my hair being pretty long, it simply stopped growing. I wonder how much I've saved over the past 36 years?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I haven't frequented a barbers since 1988 and despite my hair being pretty long, it simply stopped growing. I wonder how much I've saved over the past 36 years?
Looks great, tbf.

x.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Doesn’t human hair grow to about 3 feet before it stops growing?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Doesn’t human hair grow to about 3 feet before it stops growing?
I think mine stopped at about 2.5 feet - I couldn't quite sit on it.
That said, my mum used to work with a girl who could almost stand on her hair - must have been around 5 feet long - looked amazing, but imagine the hassle trying to wash/dry that. :eek:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I understand that the conflict arose due to the barbers who use the old Alliance building society premises objecting to being told they were in Boundary Road, rather than Station Road.

They feared that if this continued their rent would be increased to reflect Hove rather Portslade rents.

Meanwhile the barbers correctly tagged as being in Boundary Road were aghast to find out about the unfair advantage that the barbers on the other side had, and looked for a levelling up to take place

Meanwhile both barbers could be in for a windfall as Netflix are looking at an 8 part series to be called Edward Scissors Hand - The Upgrade which will be based on the events

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Good God, that's a lot of baggage to carry around for 20 years - let it go, man. :D
What? I'm still angry about the girl who pinched a twenty from my hand whilst I was waiting at the bar in Swifts around 1991. Straight out of my hand and down her bra and I was the one threatened with the police because I was causing a scene 🤬

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Strangely enough, my wife and I were driving down that road just a few days ago and, after noticing all the barbers, wondering in our naivety, how they all could make money.
I was once told that many of the tanning studios in Liverpool were a front for drug money laundering. No idea how true it was, but the person who told me was usually well informed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here