Incident at half time fan vs stewards

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Anyone know what happened about 2 mins before the restart outside the south stand toilet block?

I was coming out of the toilet block with my lad when a guy was approached by a steward asking him for a chat.. the guy said "no", the steward motioned towards him and the guy shouted "I've done nothing wrong"...and ran off nearly knocking my lad over in the process.

Two stewards legged it after him. Caught up with him and put him in an arm lock.. all the while he was shouting "I've done nothing wrong - Brighton stewards are out of order again"

Didn't seem like the stewards did anything untoward to warrant his reaction of running off, but was quite funny watching him seemingly trying to fight shadows!

Anyone shed any light? My only guess is that maybe he was having a fag in the toilet area.. something that a dozen or so fans do at every game.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Aha.. my instincts were correct then.
I should join the police :whistle:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Why can't people just learn to control their disgusting drug addictions when required to?

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Anyone know what happened about 2 mins before the restart outside the south stand toilet block?

I was coming out of the toilet block with my lad when a guy was approached by a steward asking him for a chat.. the guy said "no", the steward motioned towards him and the guy shouted "I've done nothing wrong"...and ran off nearly knocking my lad over in the process.

Two stewards legged it after him. Caught up with him and put him in an arm lock.. all the while he was shouting "I've done nothing wrong - Brighton stewards are out of order again"

Didn't seem like the stewards did anything untoward to warrant his reaction of running off, but was quite funny watching him seemingly trying to fight shadows!

Anyone shed any light? My only guess is that maybe he was having a fag in the toilet area.. something that a dozen or so fans do at every game.

Only two and are you sure they actually legged it after him. Doesn't sound like BHA Stewards as they normally use rule #131, "Overkill in all situations" and are all as athletic as John Prescott after 15 pints and a curry.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I'm not a smoker, but surely there is a product like a nicotine gum or a patch that you can use for the 2 hours you are in the ground?

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Do they really have the authority to hold someone in a arm lock ?

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
It had little or nothing to do with a cigarette.
I saw the whole thing from start to finish.
A thug in his late 40's took exception to an innocent steward monitering the toilet block to see the exit was not used as an entrance.
He directed a volley of foul abuse in front of kids, and indicated he would smash the stewards face in on leaving the loos.

I'm not particularly pro or anti steward, but I can assure you the culprit was a disgrace, on what should be happy times in the Poyet/promotion (hopefully) last few weeks of the season.
The solo steward was not intimidating, rude or petty; and kept his cool.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
It was me. I did a George Michael thinking it'd be alright at a home game but they got me.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The reason stewards are there is not about which door you use it is because people smoke there as a kind of blind spot hence they were there.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
it was funny shit!

I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!

I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!

I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING

running away from the stewards xD

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
The nicotine addiction being curtailed, caused mr.intelligent to call out that he was going to smash the steward's face in.
Now it all makes sense.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
one reason i dont go withdean anymore, the stewards there are bottom of the barrell im afraid,, just looking for confrontation week in week out...i cert had my share of run ins with em in the past...anyway as for smoking in the bog... big deal, is all i can say

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
It was none of the above. It was some guy sitting behind me in that shitty stand behind the c
Goal. He was absolutely plastered and someone complained about him at half time. He ws
As quite funny despite him grabbing me round the neck when we scored - kept having an argument on the phone about meeting him at "f***ing five thirty" and things getting "naughty" at the match lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports