Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Incident at Glasgow airport?

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Report of a car on fire crashing into terminal at Glasgow airport.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There has also been a controlled explosion at Ibiza Airport (Possibly the ETA).

Never been to Glasgow airport - Is it easy to drive into the terminal or would it have to be deliberate? ???

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Apparently a Cherokee jeep was driven through the glass frontage, and a guy got out on fire:ohmy:

Sounds like he had a lucky escape. If it had happened tomorrow he'd be facing prosecution for smoking inside a public building.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Must have been a foreigner misreading glasgow :dunce:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
One report says that two cars may have crashed, one catching fire and crashing into terminal.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
A car on fire has been driven at the main terminal building at Glasgow Airport, police have confirmed.
Eyewitnesses have described a Jeep Cherokee being driven at speed towards the building with flames coming out from underneath.

They have also described seeing two Asian men, one of whom was on fire, who had been in the car.

The airport has been evacuated and all flights suspended following the incident.

One eyewitness said: "I heard the sound of a car's wheels spinning and smoke smoke coming out.

"I saw a Jeep Cherokee apparently as if it was trying to get right through the doors into the terminal building.

"There were flames coming out from underneath then some men appeared from in amongst the flames.

"The police ran over and the people started fighting with the police. I then heard what sounded like an explosion."

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Beginning to look like another failed terrorist attack.

"Failed" is a relative term. It could be described as another nail in the coffin of British tourism, with long term financial implications.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I wouldn't go that far Vlad..

It does have a massive effect on the tourist industry when this happens as people will not travel.

I went to Marmaris last October and they had a bomb in August and it was like a ghost town sadly which is a terrible tragedy for a fantastic holiday resort.

Last edited:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I wish people didn't live in fear, it's those types who make these failed attacks succeed.

As scary as it may be, the chance of something like that happening AGAIN diminishes so much in the immediate after math with heightened security.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I wish people didn't live in fear, it's those types who make these failed attacks succeed.

As scary as it may be, the chance of something like that happening AGAIN diminishes so much in the immediate after math with heightened security.

The worst ones for living in fear and not travelling are Americans of which the majority of attacks are normally linked to the wars they have started - where is the justice in that ?

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
They are now saying that there was a collision between 2 cars and the guys in the cherokee were deliberately torching it by throwing petrol all around.

I'm wondereing whether the Jeep was being followed by police, and it was deliberately rammed, the occupants then tried to destroy it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here