Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ince in running for FL goal of the year - vote now!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
and another angle

I didn't realise the Swindon fans applauded it too. Have you read the comments on Youtube?

First time i've ever stood up and applauded an opponents goal at the County Ground. That video doesn't do it justice.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Chris O'grady's chest control to start that move was superb.

An all round brilliant goal.

You're wrong look again, who started the move???

It's even better than you think

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
O'grady's first touch ignited that move, notice the injection of pace in the move once O'grady brings it down and plays it into Colunga's path.

Ince's pass out of his own area started it. Then his pace meant he was there to finish

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Ince's pass out of his own area started it. Then his pace meant he was there to finish

Ince doesn't start sprinting forward until 4 seconds into the video above. You can clearly see Ince only start sprinting forward once OG brings down a difficult ball and plays through Colunga. Still, Incredible pace by Ince.

To be fair though, it's a game of opinions, we're both probably right and wrong. Either way, still a brilliant team wonder goal.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ince doesn't start sprinting forward until 4 seconds into the video above. You can clearly see Ince only start sprinting forward once OG brings down a difficult ball and plays through Colunga. Still, Incredible pace by Ince.

To be fair though, it's a game of opinions, we're both probably right and wrong. Either way, still a brilliant team wonder goal.

Ince is sprinting from his own defence to get forward. It was Ince who played the ball to COG for him to chest it down.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ince's pass was high and half cleared. The difficult bit was controlling the pass. (not taking anything away from Ince's involvement.)

You've been watching CMS too long. A run of the mill player should be able to comfortably chest a ball and lay the ball off into space.

Love the comment "not taking anything away from Ince's involvement"

Mind, he only started it and finished with 80m of ground between the 2 events

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
You've been watching CMS too long. A run of the mill player should be able to comfortably chest a ball and lay the ball off into space.

Love the comment "not taking anything away from Ince's involvement"

Mind, he only started it and finished with 80m of ground between the 2 events

or maybe watching Glenn Murray at Withdean for too long?

Different people respect different aspects to the game. For me, the move for the goal began once the ball was under control at OG feet, not when Ince made the "lofted clearance"

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I didn't realise the Swindon fans applauded it too.

Quite a lot of their fans did.
Main stand behind the dugouts, stand behind the goal - at least 2 of the 3 standing at the far end plus others.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Are people really deconstructing the quality of the goal now?

Just enjoy it for what it was; a fine strike from a good player, wearing the stripes. Happy days.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Just enjoy it for what it was; a fine strike from a good player, wearing the stripes. Happy days.

I was only commenting just how good it was considering who started it and who finished it. No deconstruction from me.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Quite a lot of their fans did.
Main stand behind the dugouts, stand behind the goal - at least 2 of the 3 standing at the far end plus others.

I was too busy jumping around and applauding it myself, to notice at the time.

Yoda

English & European

I have with a couple of the others on another thread. If anything the clip Sky are using doesn't do it the full justice as it was Ince who cleared it from the edge of our own box to start the move off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here