Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In the away end...

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
mm, don't think we won Div 3 there, but as you say, you're not a Brighton fan, good on you for sticking with us :thumbsup:

Nope, that result won promotion. I always remember people :drool: over the Palace fixture in the following season. I also went up to Carlisle for the 0-0 draw the week after .[When I thought a 4-0 loss was better than a 0-0 draw:lolol::blush:]

But it was actually won against Chesterfield, wasn't it?:glare:

I remember being on the pitch at the end, with my Spurs coat on. :banana::thumbsup:

Personally I would suggest keeping relatively quiet. Whilst there is no animosity between BHA and County that I have ever heard of I think it's fair to say that in light of yesterdays events County fans are not all going to be in the best of moods tomorrow.

As for me, I'm sitting elsewhere than the county fans because I couldn't trust myself not to twat one or two of them if they turn up.

Last edited:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Nope, that result won promotion. I always remember people :drool: over the Palace fixture in the following season. I also went up to Carlisle for the 0-0 draw the week after .[When I thought a 4-0 loss was better than a 0-0 draw:lolol::blush:]

But it was actually won against Chesterfield, wasn't it?:glare:

I remember being on the pitch at the end, with my Spurs coat on. :banana::thumbsup:

no when we won promotion against plymouth we wouldnt have been looking forward to palace as we were only going uo to the old division 2.cant remember who we won the league against actually but shrewsbury was last day.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
no when we won promotion against plymouth we wouldnt have been looking forward to palace as we were only going uo to the old division 2.cant remember who we won the league against actually but shrewsbury was last day.

Yes but didn't Palace stay up on the last day away to Stockport in divison 1?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton

oh maybe,i do remember palace staying up on a last day,was that the same year.was it stockport or charlton? i do just remem that plymouth game as being pure excitement,think i was only 13 or 14.Hate the new ground though

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
oh maybe,i do remember palace staying up on a last day,was that the same year.was it stockport or charlton? i do just remem that plymouth game as being pure excitement,think i was only 13 or 14.Hate the new ground though

I was 9.:dunce:

I remember going into a hotel, seeing a Brighton coach outside, going inside...I think Man Utd v Coventry was on , on the TV, it turned out to be the hotel that the BHA players were staying in.[Adams was giving the Brightom team a team talk] then Micky Adams got the whole Brighton team to sign this bit of paper I had.

Legend.

Jan 30, 2008
Personally I would suggest keeping relatively quiet. Whilst there is no animosity between BHA and County that I have ever heard of I think it's fair to say that in light of yesterdays events County fans are not all going to be in the best of moods tomorrow.

As for me, I'm sitting elsewhere than the county fans because I couldn't trust myself not to twat one or two of them if they turn up.
quite right , lets not promote FV ???

It's the principle not the money. As it happens I've had a couple of decent share tips in the past few months which have given me a total return of approaching 300%.

But the lies that caused it to happen are something else entirely.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was 9.:dunce:

I remember going into a hotel, seeing a Brighton coach outside, going inside...I think Man Utd v Coventry was on , on the TV, it turned out to be the hotel that the BHA players were staying in.[Adams was giving the Brightom team a team talk] then Micky Adams got the whole Brighton team to sign this bit of paper I had.

Legend.
We too were in the same hotel!

Jan 30, 2008
It's the principle not the money. As it happens I've had a couple of decent share tips in the past few months which have given me a total return of approaching 300%.

But the lies that caused it to happen are something else entirely.

there you go then, its all swings and round abouts ,are you Declan Curry

Indeed they did. With a goal in the last minute that shouldn't have been allowed to happen, but the crooked ref decided to overlook the disgraceful foul committed by a Palarse defender that was immediately followed by the attacking move that produced the goal.

There were loads of us watching the game on Sky in the Nelson after the open-top bus parade to Hove Town Hall. The Palarse victory almost RUINED a wonderful day. The only thing that saved it for me was the fact that I had to travel up to Cheshire on the train that evening, where I discovered loads of Palace fans wandering around Wilmslow station because, thanks to engineering works, there weren't any trains running from Stockport. It was so late, my guess is that they didn't get home that night.

Originally Posted by readingstockport View Post
Personally I would suggest keeping relatively quiet. Whilst there is no
animosity between BHA and County that I have ever heard of I think it's fair to
say that in light of yesterdays events County fans are not all going to be in the
best of moods tomorrow.

If he sits in the away end and celebrates a goal that keeps Brighton up,
personally I would shake his hand and tell him to enjoy the moment for
as long as he likes. It's the culmination of a long season and he's probably
sitting in the away end because Brighton are currently playing at the
Withdean Stadium instead of the larger Goldstone Ground because of
another clueless board that almost ruined a club.

Any animosity should surely be directed at the guilty men who have
soiled our name through their actions.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
We too were in the same hotel!

Copthorne, if I remember rightly? Might be wrong though. I remember the hotel bar , being to the left as you walked in and where adams was holding the team talk, to the right, as you walked in.:wave:

Indeed they did. With a goal in the last minute that shouldn't have been allowed to happen, but the crooked ref decided to overlook the disgraceful foul committed by a Palarse defender that was immediately followed by the attacking move that produced the goal.

There were loads of us watching the game on Sky in the Nelson after the open-top bus parade to Hove Town Hall. The Palarse victory almost RUINED a wonderful day. The only thing that saved it for me was the fact that I had to travel up to Cheshire on the train that evening, where I discovered loads of Palace fans wandering around Wilmslow station because, thanks to engineering works, there weren't any trains running from Stockport. It was so late, my guess is that they didn't get home that night.

My memory isn't as bad as I thought then.

Originally Posted by readingstockport View Post
Personally I would suggest keeping relatively quiet. Whilst there is no
animosity between BHA and County that I have ever heard of I think it's fair to
say that in light of yesterdays events County fans are not all going to be in the
best of moods tomorrow.

If he sits in the away end and celebrates a goal that keeps Brighton up,
personally I would shake his hand and tell him to enjoy the moment for
as long as he likes. It's the culmination of a long season and he's probably
sitting in the away end because Brighton are currently playing at the
Withdean Stadium instead of the larger Goldstone Ground because of
another clueless board that almost ruined a club.

Any animosity should surely be directed at the guilty men who have
soiled our name through their actions.

Arthur, I'm not suggesting that many County fans will do anything but there may be some that might as you well know. i intend to shake some hands in the Nelson, the Wellington and the Evening Star both before and after the game.

unless, as you say, the guilty twats are there in which case i might be in a police cell instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here