Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] In other news - Harry Dunn

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
As a parent a very humbling experience seeing Harry‘s parents speaking outside the court, regardless of the actual sentence they were satisfied that they finally had justice.

The records will show that she was found guilty, the length of the sentence is immaterial, she has stood in a court of law, albeit via video link, and admitted liability, I think that’s all the Dunn’s ever wanted.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What a strange take - especially referring to a woman whose actions caused the death of a young man as a "daft bat". If it really gives them the closure they are looking for then I am pleased for them. But the issue at hand is whether or not the exact same sentence would have been given to someone who didn't hide behind the US Government to avoid any kind of justice. My view, and that of others, is that someone else would have done actual time which makes this a miscarriage of justice. Not sure why I and others need to move on for the reasons you give.
The family has reached closure. If you wish to continue to mount a campaign for justice, fill your boots. You won't achieve anything.

Edit: I just looked back to see what's got your goat. You are 'especially' perturbed I called the American a 'daft bat'? What would you call her? A sensible upstanding citizen? ???

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As a parent a very humbling experience seeing Harry‘s parents speaking outside the court, regardless of the actual sentence they were satisfied that they finally had justice.

The records will show that she was found guilty, the length of the sentence is immaterial, she has stood in a court of law, albeit via video link, and admitted liability, I think that’s all the Dunn’s ever wanted.
Precisely.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am pleased that Harry's mum feels that justice has been done and she has closure. He was her son and it has been her fight. If she is happy, then we should be too.

I certainly wouldn't consider a pathetic suspended sentence from an unbelievably weak and pathetic judge "justice" if it was my son. But if she is satisfied with the sentence, then we should accept it.
Again, precisely.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Last edited:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You're most welcome to disagree with me and to express this. I'm not sure there is much purpose in questioning my motivation though. It isn't difficult to understand (when you put aside your outrage at my glibness, and apparent offence taken on behalf of people you don't know).

Yes, if people wish to keep commenting about this case that's up to them. And if I suggest this is pointless, and possibly distasteful now, that's up to me.

Indeed, when the family wish to 'move on', if people know this (and I accept many won't) then continuing to emote about the injustice of it could be argued to constitute criticism of the family for their decision to desist.

So let's get this clear, do you think that the family is wrong to declare 'closure'? Would you be willing to write to them to express your disappointment? Will you be picketing the Americal embassy on their behalf? Or is your position simply one of....glibness?
Now you are just making stuff up. I am not in the slightest bit outraged about what you have said - I said it was strange. I have said that I am happy the family have said they have achieved closure. All I have done is express my unhappiness with the sentence having listened in full to the judge give her verdict which seemed very much at odds with what was handed out and her seeming unhappiness at the outcome herself. I never made any reference to taking any action in that regards like the thousands of other miscarriages of justice that are discussed on here. You are behaving like one of the people you proudly block with your arguments so I'll leave you to it to bask in your satisfaction at the "slap on the wrist" the "daft bat" got.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Now you are just making stuff up. I am not in the slightest bit outraged about what you have said - I said it was strange. I have said that I am happy the family have said they have achieved closure. All I have done is express my unhappiness with the sentence having listened in full to the judge give her verdict which seemed very much at odds with what was handed out and her seeming unhappiness at the outcome herself. I never made any reference to taking any action in that regards like the thousands of other miscarriages of justice that are discussed on here. You are behaving like one of the people you proudly block with your arguments so I'll leave you to it to bask in your satisfaction at the "slap on the wrist" the "daft bat" got.
Sadly, I deleted my post, having decided 'what's the point', too late, so you got a reply in.

I'm not basking in any satisfaction.

The people who are most important in the case are the surviving family. Unless the quotes from the parents on the BBC page are made up then I feel we should abide by their wishes and move on. That isn't glibness.

The laws around diplomatic immunity have been with us a long time. If people genuinely give a shit about them, they should campaign. I suspect there is no appetite in government or laws infrastructure for change because every nation gains all sorts of benefits from them.

Moaning about the sentencing, therefore, without flagging up the various campaigns to change the diplomatic immunity rules, strikes me as self-indulgent.

As it happens a lad died, and not only little or nothing has been done to obtain genuine justice, but little or nothing is being done to ensure this doesn't happen again (as far as I am aware - nothing mentioned on this thread). In the light of that, if the family are satisfied, we should probably move on. If you decide to not, that's your prerogative. But don't dig me out, personally, for my view. Making snidely comments about me is tedious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here