Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In Defence of Darius Henderson

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
From another thread....

seagull over sevenoaks said:
Henderson has done nothing for us at all
:nono:

Are you for real?? From my dodgy memory I can recall the following....

Oldham - Scored a penalty

QPR - Flick on for Knight's second

Luton - Forced the own goal

Plymouth - Forced the own goal

Plymouth - Squared the ball for Knight's 2nd

Swindon - Penalty

I know he looks as though he cannot run and seems to have the turning circle of a bus but I think many players would look slow and lumpen playing next to Leon Knight.

I'm not sure who is the better player between him and McPhee as I thought McPhee played excellently against Weds., but how anybody can say Henderson has done nothing for us whilst keeping a straight face I do not know.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I felt quite annoyed at the way he grabbed the ball and refused to let go at Oldham so that he could take the penalty.

Knight wanted to take it and would have had a hattrick had he scored (yes I do realise he could have missed) Cullip had to go and sort them out,

He did the same with the other penalty too.

In fact the penalty takers should have been sorted out before the match but there was a hint of 'I've got the ball so therefore it's me !!'

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah so he scored a couple of penalties.

One flick on in 9 nine games?

Forcing own goals?

He is a lumbering donkey who gets knocked off the ball far too easily his touch is similar to a ball hitting an anvil. I don't see taht he brings anything to the team at all really and i reckon Mcphee could be more of a threat.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
dont let Mr Popkins see this thread whatever you do :D he'll throw a right fit ;)

Yeah he's done stuff...but we need someone to do stuff for 90mins not 1min every game!

Last edited:

seagull over sevenoaks

Jul 14, 2003
Does he hassle and close down defenders? No
Does he chase any lost causes? No
Can he strike a shot cleanly unless its a penalty? No
Does he run like he's dragging Guy Butter's Fridge behind him? Yes

He gives us nothing that McPhee wouldn't. He doesn't seem overly bothered about wearing the stripes.

Personally I'd rather he went back to Reading and we used his wages to get in a creative midfielder, whilst developing one of our own players.

and yes my face is as straight as it ever gets.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
While he's not exactly Wayne Rooney, I still think he's entitled to a bit of support all the time he's still playing for us.

Next time you are tempted to have a go, consider these two little words:

Danny. Webb.

wokingone

Jul 15, 2003
Exeter
Henderson is better than McPhee who is too light weight and lacks control. Bring on a loan signing to replace Henderson when he leaves or else Knight's goals will dry up also

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
As I said before he almost makes we wish we had Rougier back. Almost. Still as has been said all the while he's wearing the stripes I'll support him, but we're not exactly begging SC to sign him up are we? Good heavens we felt more enthusiastic about Lorenzo Pinamonte (sp).

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
He has tried a bit harder recently but he still lacks pace, creativity and I think basic ability.
Still want rid of him.................

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I said it in Chat Room last night. Give him a chance. He's better than having just Mcphee Knight and Jake. What would we do if Knight got injured? Yes we can get the Crawley boys back but are they seriously going to shoot the goals to take us up? I doubt it.

Darius Henderson tra la la la la!;)

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
f*** it, I was being polite earlier, he's a f***ing work shy fop desperate to get back to home who should be tried for fraud every time he picks up his wages.
f*** off back you talentless ****:tosser:

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
We've had this thread before and I think we seem to change the question from the talents of Henderson to Henderson v McPhee. I've already posted my thoughts on that. McPhee is on the permanent wage bill and is suitable for the bench, but will not make the difference between success and failure for our club this season and shouldn't be cosidered anything more than hopeful contingency or more appropriate a kid who has a long way to go. Henderson, I'd be surprised if he did influence our season dramatically, is not on the permanent wage bill therefore it is more valid to question Henderson in isolation not v McPhee. Now on that note I trust if SC finds a suitable loan replacement he'll make the change.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I think one of the Reading fans summed it up fairly well when he said that Henderson was very inconsistent. He has done some good things but over all when playing for us he looks like the weak link in the team, who never really carries a goal threat, doesn’t have a great deal of movement, reacts to rather than reads the game and finally misplaces too many passes. Overall start giving McPhee ago or bring in Owusu to partner Knight.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
What does he do for the team you ask?

Well how does this sound, he holds the ball up well, and plays other players in. He was easily our Man of the Match in bothe the Chesterfield and Luton games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here