In car radio

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Radio 4, radio 2, 5Live or local radio (Solent in my case, or Sussex while going to or from the AMEX.

If I had a digital radio in the car, Radio 6 would be in there as well.

I think most commertcial radio - including Classic FM - is fairly vacuous.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Just shows on opinions Joe Talbot is one of the main reasons I stopped listening to Radio Sussex, I think that he is one of the worst presenters on radio.

Indeed it is all about opinions - I love his dry sense of humour but I can understand why some don't like him. Same with Chris Moyles - in my opinion he is a loud mouthed lout but I understand some may like him however, he was the reason I stopped listening to Radio One in the mornings.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
2, 3, 4, or 5 and occasionally BBC local radio (which is terrible here) for local news.

Can also get RTE on long wave if I want something exotic.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I listened to whatever used to be southern FM about a year ago.

The one with Jack the Lad. Bloody hell. It was basically "It's raining men" followed by something like Daniel Bedingfield and then a short "chatty section" (completely scripted) which contained the most horrendous "BANTER" I've ever heard.

*Song from the saturdays finished*
Bloke "And that was the saturdays. I think they're great. Whaat do you think lady?"
Lady "Oh, yes they are great. Jack?"
Jack "phwwoooaaarrrr. Cor blimey geez they are WELL fit!"
Lady and Bloke combined "Ohhhh JACK. What ARE you like!!??"

Anyway, to answer the question I used to listen to moyles as I loved the group discussion format that they had. The moment Radio 1 got rid and then switched to Radio 2 and Chris Evans.

Jimmy Grimble

Absolute radio is streets ahead. The team in the morning of Christian O'Connell, Richie and Maggie are hilarious. Great chemistry between the three of them, no forced gags, no tedious attempts at being hip, just a natural conversational flow to the show with the perfect balance of dry and surreal humour. Oh, and they play good music too!

If you've never listened before, then give it a go. It's a shame you can only get it on AM or Digital. You wont regret it, trust me :thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Radio 4 most of the time (LW when there is cricket on); sometimes listen to H&Js show on Talksport; Radio Sussex if the Albion are playing away; and occasionally Radio 1, but that would only be one of a handful of DJs they have now.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
If Five Live moved to FM i would listen to that. Reception on AM is dreadful to and from work, ranging from barely audible to awfully loud and distorted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports