Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Important information for fans travelling to Roma

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A few points

"Print at home" FFS. No excuse for not being digital in this day and age

The coach convoy repeats Marseille. The early ones go off half full - no one wants to be at the ground 3 hours before KO - and the later ones no one can get on. Tube / Taxi / Walk as per Athens.
the walk is about an hour from the Piazalle to the Stadium

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I am staying in a hotel right near the ground. I didn't go to Marseille. I had no problems walking to my nearby hotel in Amsterdam.
Do people that went to Marseille think I will be able to slide away without getting on a shuttle bus or will I be herded on and smacked around the head with a baton for trying to walk away?
We got lucky and just squeezed onto the first run of buses back into Marseille. Those who didn't had quite a wait for those buses to come back.

From what I heard eventually, after quite a wait, the police did allow some fans to leave on foot, but only in groups.

I think @dazzer6666 had a hotel cunningly close to AEK, but was forced to bus into town and then return under his own steam.

From what I've read, once the buses start taking people back in Rome, the police largely f*** off and leave everyone to it, so it may be easier to slip away at that point. Whether you want to, solo, is another matter.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I am staying in a hotel right near the ground. I didn't go to Marseille. I had no problems walking to my nearby hotel in Amsterdam.
Do people that went to Marseille think I will be able to slide away without getting on a shuttle bus or will I be herded on and smacked around the head with a baton for trying to walk away?

Possibly is the unhelpful Answer.

In Athens, a mate of mine got out of the "bubble" we were in by saying he had a flight to catch and the police let him out. I also heard people who were let out in Marseille as their hotels were round the corner. Conversely, I know people who were knocked back and ended up on the mystery tour buses whether they liked it or not.

You will need to speak to a policeman and hope through luck of the draw you get one that lets you out.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Many moons ago I walked from the city centre to the stadium and remember the following:
1. It took far longer than I thought it would
2. There wasn’t much en-route

This was 1995 mind so things may have changed…:smile:

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Many moons ago I walked from the city centre to the stadium and remember the following:
1. It took far longer than I thought it would
2. There wasn’t much en-route

This was 1995 mind so things may have changed…:smile:
Ha. I also considered this. Just thinking what a foreign tourist might think of a walk to Wembley. Enjoying the particular delights of industrial A roads I'm Brent.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
If you take a whole REAM of A4 paper, you could charge all the print-challenged Albion fans €2 each to print their's and make a tidy PROFIT on the whole trip. Mwahahahahaha
Word to the wise ....

If you're taking an Inkjet printer, make sure you carry it in your hand luggage as otherwise the ink will freeze if it goes in the aircraft's hold.

Iced-ink will not be pleasant and disappointment will ensue ....

baz

Jul 7, 2003
Thanks Bozza and Iggle Piggle. I'll have to play it by ear. Reckon I can tuck my shirt in, do my coat up, shut my gob and try and sneak away

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I know someone that had an Airbnb a minute away from the Marseille stadium and they walked out no problem at all.

Reactions: baz

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
This was a lot funnier in my head...

chrome.jpg

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Word to the wise ....

If you're taking an Inkjet printer, make sure you carry it in your hand luggage as otherwise the ink will freeze if it goes in the aircraft's hold.

Iced-ink will not be pleasant and disappointment will ensue ....
With your ink in a clear 20cm sealed plastic bag.

Go without toothpaste and deodorant to make room.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm flying out Sunday, so really need the email today or tomorrow
EZY8325? 12:50 pm.
Do we not have to enter our passport info anywhere this time then?

I’ve had a new passport issued since Athens so was my one concern in case the club just used that .
Law is the club have to delete all personal details within 30 days so they wont have your passport details from Athens. Interpol will have though as the club share with Greek police who would have told the world.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm now totally confused, tickets will be issued as print at home, but latest communication from the club states that AS Roma have confirmed that the QR code can be scanned from your mobile, and club then say print as back up.

Also club now state that tickets won't be issued until next week.

So if the tickets are actually etickets, why are the police unable to read the details from a mobile.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm now totally confused, tickets will be issued as print at home, but latest communication from the club states that AS Roma have confirmed that the QR code can be scanned from your mobile, and club then say print as back up.

Also club now state that tickets won't be issued until next week.

So if the tickets are actually etickets, why are the police unable to read the details from a mobile.
?? Where does it say they can’t read the details from a phone? You’ve said yourself “AS Roma have confirmed that the QR code can be scanned from your mobile,”

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We got lucky and just squeezed onto the first run of buses back into Marseille. Those who didn't had quite a wait for those buses to come back.

From what I heard eventually, after quite a wait, the police did allow some fans to leave on foot, but only in groups.

I think @dazzer6666 had a hotel cunningly close to AEK, but was forced to bus into town and then return under his own steam.

From what I've read, once the buses start taking people back in Rome, the police largely f*** off and leave everyone to it, so it may be easier to slip away at that point. Whether you want to, solo, is another matter.
Yep………we were told we could wait a bit until things died down around the ground but no-one had any idea how long so we decided to get on the bus. Mistake !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here