Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Immigration detention centres

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I do wonder why so many people want to come here. The U.K. is a hostile shit hole with a racist government that treats it’s workers like serfs and pays them poverty wages.

They sling them into decrepit detention centres and threaten to illegally transport them to Rwanda before stirring up hatred for them and blaming them for all of our self inflicted f*** ups.

It really must be life or death for them because nobody would come here if they had a choice. Being poor in the U.K. under a Tory government is not only incredibly hard, it’s practically a crime.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I do wonder why so many people want to come here. The U.K. is a hostile shit hole with a racist government that treats it’s workers like serfs and pays them poverty wages.

They sling them into decrepit detention centres and threaten to illegally transport them to Rwanda before stirring up hatred for them and blaming them for all of our self inflicted f*** ups.

It really must be life or death for them because nobody would come here if they had a choice. Being poor in the U.K. under a Tory government is not only incredibly hard, it’s practically a crime.
Rightly or wrongly, UK is still The Promised Land for economic migrants who can only DREAM of earning UK minimum national wage and are more than happy to put in the hard graft - unlike a dispiriting number of our homegrown stunted chavs

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Amazed no video footage has emerged of what things are like inside these detention centres, rumours of scabies and diphtheria and even a case of MRSA. Truly shocking this is happening inside our borders

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Amazed no video footage has emerged of what things are like inside these detention centres, rumours of scabies and diphtheria and even a case of MRSA. Truly shocking this is happening inside our borders
I imagine authorities are super strict on leaks.

The sad thing is that even if damning footage did appear, there’d be nasty idiots like goldstone who would think they deserve it.

The Tory’s know what they are doing. This will get them support. Even though it’s their Brexit that has lead to this mess.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I imagine authorities are super strict on leaks.

The sad thing is that even if damning footage did appear, there’d be nasty idiots like goldstone who would think they deserve it.

The Tory’s know what they are doing. This will get them support. Even though it’s their Brexit that has lead to this mess.
The Tories seem to forget...

They created a toxic relationship with the French OUT OF CHOICE
They left the Dublin agreement OUT OF CHOICE
They left Europol OUT OF CHOICE
They chose to not have access to Schenghen databases OUT OF CHOICE

This is their mess, their making, they were warned but listened the bigots and racists instead

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Tories seem to forget...

They created a toxic relationship with the French OUT OF CHOICE
They left the Dublin agreement OUT OF CHOICE
They left Europol OUT OF CHOICE
They chose to not have access to Schenghen databases OUT OF CHOICE

This is their mess, their making, they were warned but listened the bigots and racists instead
But but but immigrants, Jeremy Corbyn, taken back control!!!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
No one asked them to come here. They are here illegally. If they came via France why not apply for asylum there? We are treating them far too well.
just out of interest, we have one of the lowest asylum seekers rates in Europe.

Suella Braverman’s inflammatory and rabble-rousing language is unjustified and way over the top. Everybody else does it better.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Perhaps they thought that coming to the UK was better than living in a tent in France ?

Still things are looking up 5 years free rent , council tax and energy bills might ease the pain

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
mobile phones are allegedly sometimes confiscated from migrants upon arrival. but the BBC have now got photos of children sleeping on the floor of a 'processing centre'

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
just out of interest, we have one of the lowest asylum seekers rates in Europe.

Any comparison with the rest of Europe is irrelevant. The number is way way too high.. I don't mind immigration, but there is a system through which to apply. If you want to come to this country follow the correct procedure.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Any comparison with the rest of Europe is irrelevant. The number is way way too high.. I don't mind immigration, but there is a system through which to apply. If you want to come to this country follow the correct procedure.
I bet you didn’t even know the number when you typed this nonsense.

For many people in war torn or oppressive countries , there is no “correct procedure”.

And for your information there is no such thing as an illegal crossing of the channel. The crime is being committed by the people traffickers. Not the immigrants.

It is not a crime to make your way to a country by any means necessary in order to claim asylum.

So please, before you spew any more of your ignorant bile, avail yourself of the facts.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There is no correct procedure because the Tories closed them all, and refused the French offer to set up a processing centre. Even Ukrainians cannot apply online now.

Here is the United Nations convention from 1951. Now you cannot claim ignorance.

Attachments

• 44993FA7-69DB-4D46-B420-947E1D515242.jpeg
    44993FA7-69DB-4D46-B420-947E1D515242.jpeg
    263.8 KB · Views: 20

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There is no correct procedure because the Tories closed them all, and refused the French offer to set up a processing centre. Even Ukrainians cannot apply online now.

Here is the United Nations convention from 1951. Now you cannot claim ignorance.
Excellent post. I was looking for that.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Anybody here know which war the Albanians are fleeing from ?

This is a good article.

As most people realise, not all refugees are legitimate.

There is a large network of Albanian criminals in the U.K.

I know from work I’ve done that they are pivotal in the sex and drugs trades.

Any Albanian asylum claim needs close scrutiny not just because they may be criminals but because they may be victims themselves and require safeguarding.

As always, these things are not black and white and not Albanians are here for nefarious reasons.
Many would be vulnerable to sexual exploitation or modern day slavery if they stayed in Albania.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here