Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Images of development work at the County Cricket Ground anyone?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I know it is difficult to think beyond all things Albion at the moment but am mindful there is some redevelopment work going on at the County ground.

However the SCCC website hasn't been updated for weeks, which is frustrating for us exiles. Do any NSCers have access to images of the latest progress?

I hope the works are now at an advanced stage with the season approaching fast.

What fabulous times these are for sport in Sussex by the sea - footie and cricket teams enjoying promotion, a new state of the art footie stadium and a nicely refurbished cricket ground. Happy days.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'll take some later

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
I was up at the county ground a couple of saturdays ago. The new redevelopment looking good and will be great to see it full - however suspect only for 20/20s. Looking forward to going up there but nothing compared to the excitment of going to that other stadium a few miles east!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Hope these work, first time uploading from my phone!

Seats going in bottom right of south west stand, quicker than falmer!

Enjoy

Attachments

• IMAG0968.jpg
    IMAG0968.jpg
    700.3 KB · Views: 439
  • IMAG0969.jpg
    IMAG0969.jpg
    718.8 KB · Views: 439
  • IMAG0970.jpg
    IMAG0970.jpg
    669.9 KB · Views: 436

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Marc,

Many thanks for the images - fab!

Good to see things are progressing well at Sussex CCC. Looks like it will be a close call as to who will install the seats first - at The Amex - or at Hove?

This season will be an interesting challenge for SCCC with some expeienced players having hung their boots up and young players looking to establish themselves in the 1st X1.

Maybe an inspirational team talk from Gus and Tanno might help - is cricket big in Uruguay and Argentina? Do they understand the rules? The qualities of a good forward defensive stroke? How to bowl reverse swing? The Duckworth Lewis method? Does he know of a demon South American leg spinner? Eeeeeeeees complicated!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
two banks of seats already in place today so they should be finished by the end of next week I reckon. All white from what I've seen, I was kinda hoping for blue & white stripes!!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
:ohmy: There be lettering on them seats

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Has this actually increased capacity or is it all about hospitality space beneath for revenue generation?

The hospitality is all to the other side of the new building, I think the space created is for offices, museam etc.

The stand just looks more elevated and the new stand does not look like it will hold anymore on top than the old Gulligan, we only really need extra for the 20/20 or if Australia/India decide to visit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here