iMac/iPod/iPad/iPhone Syncing

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Here's the deal -

Over the Xmas period two new Apple products have found their way into the house. Setting them up, I opted to link them all to the same 'iTunes' account.

Now - I get every 'FaceTime' & 'iMessage' call that comes into the iPod & iPad.

Is there any way I can separate them without having to open up new iTunes accounts which would need bank details, one would assume?

Thanking you muchly :)

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I doubt it, I think the whole point of iCloud, iOS5 etc etc is that you get all your stuff on all your devices.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1. Use a single account for your App Store purchases - this means when you download apps or books they can be shared between multiple devices without having to re-purchase.

2. Use a different account for each device (or person) for the purposes of iCloud incl. notifications, iMessage etc.

3. One of the accounts from 2 can be used for 1.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Or, if both devices do 'belong' to the same person, just turn off notifications etc on the non-primary device.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That might not make sense. Chez Bozza...

1. My iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad have my account in Settings > iCloud. It has Mrs Bozza's account in Settings > Store.
2. Mrs Bozza's iPhone and iPod Touch have her account in Settings > iCloud. It also has her account in Settings > Store.
3. Miss Bozza's iPod Touch has her account in Settings > iCloud. It has Mrs Bozza's account in Settings > Store.

So we can Facetime each other device to device but can also share purchases from the store.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
I've got an iMac, Macbook Air and iPhone, any ideas why some of my calendar events are getting duplicated? It seems a bit sporadic as well, not sure whats going on.

Its kinda annoying, i've got duplicates of every home Albion game this season, i can't be bothered to go thru and delete them all.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
1. Use a single account for your App Store purchases - this means when you download apps or books they can be shared between multiple devices without having to re-purchase.

2. Use a different account for each device (or person) for the purposes of iCloud incl. notifications, iMessage etc.

3. One of the accounts from 2 can be used for 1.

Is the correct answer.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I've got an iMac, Macbook Air and iPhone, any ideas why some of my calendar events are getting duplicated? It seems a bit sporadic as well, not sure whats going on.

Its kinda annoying, i've got duplicates of every home Albion game this season, i can't be bothered to go thru and delete them all.

This. I have an iPhone, iPad, Macbook Pro and iMac and my calender events are duplicated all over the place!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
since I got my iphone, imessages only appear on that and not on my ipad.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
since I got my iphone, imessages only appear on that and not on my ipad.

They can appear on both if you configure them to. They did on mine until I turned them off on the iPad as they were annoying others when they used the iPad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports