Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm Team CMS - and proud of it.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Not worked our for us but in true Albion fashion he will now go onto score a hatful for another club

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Quite happy to admit I was delighted when he signed, thought he would excel playing off Murray or Barnes.

But the bottom line is, he simply is not good enough at this level. Yes, he harries defenders, but how times has that produced a goal for us, very few. In the end he has turned out to be a complete waste of money.

He does seem a nice chap and I hope he finds another club at a reasonable level.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm glad the mongers of doom, haven't fully won out.
They've been proven right, but nobody wanted CMS' Albion career to end like this.
I guess it was inevitable from the moment goals didn't return when he did.
He's been a good servant to the club, esp at a time when, Calde aside, they seem to be in very short supply.

All we can hope for now is CMS' replacement is a committed as well as being better suited to the Albion.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I think in the 35 years I've been watching the Albion only Kevin Bremner comes close for effort. CMS's commitment and running endeavour and fight are something which I enjoyed watching. I just think he signed for the wrong club. We don't play his kind of football and never have done. He's also been unlucky with injuries. I'm sure he will sign for another championship club and score a hat full. He deserves it!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Good luck Craig. Wish every Brighton player over the years had put in the same level of effort. Hope you find a club that suits your playing style.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Really sorry to see CMS go. Wonderful attitude and commitment. One of our most loyal and hardworking players in the whole time I've supported the club. I've loved his long and often pointless runs. He also scored the best Albion goal at Burnley that I've seen live. He deserves to find another club and do well.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I'd like to apologise unreservedly to CMS for the damage inflicted to his career by a certain mentally arthritic former manager of ours. Tactical ineptitude and reluctance to play to CMS's strengths were an obstacle that even Messi could not have overcome. It was like having a Ferrari and refusing to put petrol in it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Quiz : which former Brighton manager stated that "we will build a team around him"
No you'll build a side behind him.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Can I finally put my dog chasing a ballon photo away now. :D

Good Luck in the future CMS.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I'd like to apologise unreservedly to CMS for the damage inflicted to his career by a certain mentally arthritic former manager of ours. Tactical ineptitude and reluctance to play to CMS's strengths were an obstacle that even Messi could not have overcome. It was like having a Ferrari and refusing to put petrol in it.

I hope he plays a part today & gets a goal.He deserves a great send off reguardless.He ran his heart out every time he put an Albion shirt on.
It's only my opinion but I still think he is worth a contract.How has Casper been offered a new deal but CMS hasn't.At the end of this season we will have more goalkeepers than strikers.For a team that can't score goals that is nuts.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Glad hes off the wage bill wish him all the best just not good enough for us.probably scoreba hatrick tomoz

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
I think in the 35 years I've been watching the Albion only Kevin Bremner comes close for effort. CMS's commitment and running endeavour and fight are something which I enjoyed watching. I just think he signed for the wrong club. We don't play his kind of football and never have done. He's also been unlucky with injuries. I'm sure he will sign for another championship club and score a hat full. He deserves it!
I agree with this completely. CMS was never played to his strengths as part of a pair of strikers. Would have loved to have seen him alongside Murray.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
I have so much respect for Craig, a top top man. You can understand why we bought him after CMS and Boyd ripped us apart at the Theatre of Trees. Poyet bought him after that display but did not know how or where to play him in the Poyet system. CMS has been badly hit by injuries; Watching the way he spent so much time talking to supporters, signing autographs, having his photo taken with supporters, while unable to play and hobbling around on crutches was heart-warming to watch, but you knew he wanted to be on the pitch going through the pre-match warm up with the rest of the squad. I wish him every success wherever he ends up. And if it’s another Championship club, then you know he is going to score against us.

I'm glad the mongers of doom, haven't fully won out.
They've been proven right, but nobody wanted CMS' Albion career to end like this.
I guess it was inevitable from the moment goals didn't return when he did.
He's been a good servant to the club, esp at a time when, Calde aside, they seem to be in very short supply.

All we can hope for now is CMS' replacement is a committed as well as being better suited to the Albion.

You're right about not wanting his Albion career to end like this, I would have much preferd we'd sold him last season and got some sort of return on what has been in my opinion the biggest waste of money in our history.

Nice bloke though, and what a nice head of hair.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't think it's anything to do with tactics, systems or managers, he just wasn't made for the Championship. I think he had 1, maybe 2 seasons in his career where he shone for P'Boro, and everything clicked - but everyone scored in that side in League One, when they stepped up to the Championship playing the same way, they couldn't score. Too easy to blame ourselves for his lack of touch at this level.

That said, if everyone could work as hard, show as much passion and commitment for this football club as he has, we wouldn't be in this position right now. He just looks like the kid who loves playing football. As we go through seemingly countless journeyman pro's picking up their pay packets, we'll always fondly remember CMS as the guy who just wanted to play, who didn't ever want to leave anything out on the pitch.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Simple fact is that every striker who has come here has looked poor - it can't just be the scouting, it must be how we used them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here