Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm sorry but...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Said to a guy in the pub after we equalised that I fancied us to sneak a winner.
I felt the same before the equaliser - it was just one of those games where you felt the pressure would mount on the team in front if there was an equaliser. There was only one team in it for the last 20 mins.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Interesting that. Looking at the table now, 13 wins from 24 games might do it... 14 from 24 surely would. Neither of those seems impossible with this team - and that's if we lose all the other matches. I'm trying really hard not to be TOO optimistic but with Kayal and Rosenior still to add into the mix plus possible strengthening in January it should be a good season.

Interesting - trouble is last season was first time that a team failed to get top two with 89 points, and first time a team that had lost as few as five games did not finish in top two. Difference is that this season after 22 games there are only two teams with more than 40 points, last season there were four. Oh, and we have five more points....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The only times teams in the history of the Championship that clubs have had 48 points or more after 22 games are :

Brighton (48) and Newcastle (49) 2016/17
Newcastle (49) 2009/10 - Champions
Reading (53) and Sheffield Utd (49) 2005/6 - Champions and 2nd.
Not now CJ. We (that means you lot) did this after our great start last season, and look where that got us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Squad is so much stronger. CH was able to change the game by bringing on Solly and Olly. Absolutely loved the way the team went for it straight after equalising - this time last year we would have definitely sat back with a big sigh of relief and taken a point in the same situation.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Admittedly, it helped that Birmingham made no attempt to get in our half for the last 15 minutes, but I was pleasantly surprised that we went all-out for the winner instead of settling for a point.

Btw, did anyone else notice that Five used the Sky commentary and interviews?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
A little part of me believed when the winner went in...then I realised I supported BHA and remembered im not getting excited till April minimum.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I have felt it for some time. Everything is in place, this is our time. There is a determination about this team that I have never seen before. Murray is much improved since he was with us last. Fantastic energy that will lead us to the promised land. I couldn't care less if it is first or second place personally, I just hope everyone else is thinking that it is a given that Brighton and Nukey are nailed on.

How long have Newquay been in the championship:albion2:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Admittedly, it helped that Birmingham made no attempt to get in our half for the last 15 minutes, but I was pleasantly surprised that we went all-out for the winner instead of settling for a point.

Btw, did anyone else notice that Five used the Sky commentary and interviews?

Five always do. They have one commentary match of their own each week which is the Paul Walker commentary game.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Exactly this. Last season we would've taken the draw. Because Hughton is noticeably making more aggressively attacking subs this season, at 1-1 we still had an attacking team on the pitch and it enabled us to win.

Whilst I tend to agree with you CH gives all the credit to the players and how this group not only don't know when they're beaten but also don't know when to take their foot off the gas and go for the win.

This is psychologically astute from CH as no way he gives them free reign to decide this in close fought away games but now any manager we come up against will have this sentiment in their mind when setting up their tactics v us.

Love it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dare To Dream for sure. But CH level-headedness means the players won't ever be allowed to focus on anything but the next game. First PROPER football manager of the Amex era. And a class act, whether we win, lose or draw. :bowdown:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Dare To Dream for sure. But CH level-headedness means the players won't ever be allowed to focus on anything but the next game. First PROPER football manager of the Amex era. And a class act, whether we win, lose or draw. :bowdown:

Keep Houghton, keep winning, keep the faith.
:clap2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You made exactly the same joke after Tuesday's win. To be fair, you were replying to pretty much the same posts on Tuesday, maybe you're all stuck on a loop.
You do realise precedent you've now set don't you?

Wallace

Nov 9, 2016
My 10 year old son wanted to leave early but I told him to keep believing, the double substitution made the difference, Norwood coming on gave the attacking players more freedom. Last 20 minutes we were really going for it, you could see how much it meant to the players at the end.
p.s, was anyone lucky enough to get a shirt at the end?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here