Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] I'm so bored

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I started making kids wooden toys at the start of March, I’ve continued doing that. I think I’m improving everyone I make, at least they look like how they are meant to, the only thing is, I really don’t like painting them. I have started painting all the various bits before I put them together now, but, the painting is still the worse bit.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I started making kids wooden toys at the start of March, I’ve continued doing that. I think I’m improving everyone I make, at least they look like how they are meant to, the only thing is, I really don’t like painting them. I have started painting all the various bits before I put them together now, but, the painting is still the worse bit.

Now, if you'd have put a full-stop after your fourth word, and called that it, that would have been some way to amuse yourself!

JamieR

Jan 25, 2020
I dug out my two RC cars that have been in the loft for 25 years. Stripped and cleaned them up and now hooked again. Tamiya Falcon and Boomerang. Have ordered a brand new tamiya Subaru brat. Apparently model shops are doing a roaring trade.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
My hair is getting ridiculously long. I'm starting to feel like a caravan owner. But it can't grow downwards into an aliceband or ponytail like normal people's hair. Oh no, it has to grow thick and woolly which seems to attract flies and wasps in summer. Maybe because I wash it every day which leads to it getting dry. I don't know.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Not bored here.
Still working, but saving money and petrol in not going out on social activities, whilst walking to plot incorporating exercise.
Playing loads of word search on tablet to keep brain cell active.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
First time I have even looked on here in like forever. I've had shingles and am 11 weeks into isolation. I'm home loving so I can live with it for so long. I even have WFH I can do. I still have shingles. My boredom is probably of my making. How are you getting over boredom?

By constantly trying to support and lift the spirits of my daughter who is a nurse in a hospice for 'End of Life' children, which the NHS have taken over to send all EOL children to, not just cancer patients. And, trying to make her feel better when she has worked another 14 hour shift in uncomfortable PPE only to get home, look at Facebook and find that everyone is saying they are bored. While she, and thousands of others like her, are working like this everyday, the NHS gets a clap every Thursday evening from people who then go back to complaining about 1st world problems!

Pudos

Aug 18, 2015
Welcome to the world of us shift workers, weekends mean nothing, you never know what day of the week it is and you get pissed off with radio DJs on Friday afternoons with their “The weekend is here” banter.

:D

Used to hate most the drive in for the late Friday/whole weekend shift, every other car coming the other way had smiling people in it who had knocked off early. There are still a large amount of people who look stunned with my reply of "working" when they ask what I'm doing at the weekend. They look at me like I'm abusively offending them or something

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not bored here.
Still working, but saving money and petrol in not going out on social activities, whilst walking to plot incorporating exercise.
Playing loads of word search on tablet to keep brain cell active.

My missus likes a wordsearch. I bought her one of those "jumbo" books of them the other day, and she'll happily sit in the garden for ages with it. Its something I've never quite understood. I adore Scrabble, and am quite partial to a crossword. But a wordsearch has to be the most BORING activity to bother with. Almost as dull as jigsaws. Still, each to their own.

Anyway, to the question in hand - am I bored ? No, not really. I'm WFH so trying to maintain discipline by not cracking open a tinny before 4pm (easy when its shite weather, not so easy when I've got the laptop in the garden). I find loads of stuff to occupy myself with. I've just LOG-ROLLED all the borders in the garden, and done a smashing job if I do sayso myself. Once I've laid the underlay and woodchip and planted the plants the garden will look the best it has done in years. I've built an Airfix Lightning 1:72 for my dad, which turned out splendidly, and have just had a Supermarine Spitfire 1:48 delivered which I'm itching to get stuck into. I've had time to read books and newspapers. I've been ploughing through Curb Your Enthusiasm on catchup, which I am addicted to. I've discovered that ITV4 and Film4 have some excellent movies to record and watch. I've delved back into my extensive DVD collection and watched some real crackers I'd forgotten were so good. I'm walking loads whilst listening to multiple podcasts I never usually have time for.

I know its hell for a lot of people, and economically crippling for the country, but on a personal level - I'm bloody loving it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can honestly say in the 6 weeks we have been shielding I have not been bored for one minute, I am not even sure how I have filled my days, think I may be turning a bit zen...!

Do you find that the days are absolutely FLYING by ? I know I am. WFH, with no travel involved other than mincing downstairs at around 8.30 in my dressing gown, logging in then making a tea. I'll deal with a few emails for half an hour before getting showered and dressed, then getting properly stuck in and before I know it, its lunchtime. Then I'm just mooching in the afternoon, dealing with the odd thing that crops up. TalkSPORT on in the background (yeah, I know). Then we're nearing 5, time to log off and go for a walk, bit of dinner, film / book in the evening. Repeat x4 (x3 this week) and its the weekend already.

Nope, like you, I don't think I've been bored at all. Which considering there's no pub or live sport to watch or gamble on, is a cuffing miracle tbh.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I cant WFH so still at work full time but condensed hours so only working mon-thurs which is nice as have a 3 day weekend so can spend more time at home with the wife and our 2 young daughters.

Complete overtime ban is the downer so I'm about £500 a month down on income which is hurting a bit.

Our 5 year old is suffering a bit now though and having trouble finding new things to do for her and our 10 month old is on the verge of walking so don't really get much quiet time.

May 4, 2020
With hindsight Hughton's football has prepared me brilliantly for this LD. We're pretty hardcore as a fan group when it comes to coping with boredom.
I'm sure there's many Albion fans finding this lock down a stroll in the park keeping in mind the Oscar Garcia 'every man in his own half' football, or the Poyet 'defender passing it to the keeper' stuff game after game.

Had it not been for the Potter football of recent, we'd probably be finding this lock down exciting and entertaining right now.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I can honestly say in the 6 weeks we have been shielding I have not been bored for one minute, I am not even sure how I have filled my days, think I may be turning a bit zen...!

Agree.the weeks seem to be flying by. Mon today? seems like yesterday was monday !

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Not bored yet: bit of work; bit of schooling with the kids; sport in the garden; clearing the loft, shed and garage; gardening; a few walks; evening beer with a book or tv box set. It sounds ideal - if it were not for the serious and worrying back- drop.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
First time I have even looked on here in like forever. I've had shingles and am 11 weeks into isolation. I'm home loving so I can live with it for so long. I even have WFH I can do. I still have shingles. My boredom is probably of my making. How are you getting over boredom?

:bowdown:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
WFH for six weeks - probably got six months' work done! An hour a day extra because of no travel. Saving money on petrol. Dead quiet in the back yard and on daily exercise. Lauren Laverne on the radio in the morning, CDs in the afternoon.

In no way boring.

I would happily be in lockdown for a lot longer to be honest.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
WFH for six weeks - probably got six months' work done! An hour a day extra because of no travel. Saving money on petrol. Dead quiet in the back yard and on daily exercise. Lauren Laverne on the radio in the morning, CDs in the afternoon.

In no way boring.

I would happily be in lockdown for a lot longer to be honest.

Me too. The only things I really miss are my grandson, and the pub. I really miss taking him to the park and hearing his giggles when I send him dangerously high on the swings (which I always get told off for). And just the simple pleasure of taking the Sunday Times sports pullout down to my local for a couple of hours for a few jars, with a live PL game on in the background, a chat with the usual barflies, and a couple of cheeky bets on.

Those are the things I miss most. But there are a lot of things I'm enjoying right now, which are kind of compensating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here