Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm off to the chippy, whaddya want?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Please get me pasty and chips, we have 3 chip shops in Newhaven and not one of them sells pastys.

is that one in meeching road still going?

used to get dispatched there as a kid,always a Friday,remember Rising Damp being on the tv around the same time

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I bought scampi and chips in Lees Haywards Heath cos I couldnt be arsed to drive to Marino Burgess Hill robber charged me £5.60 for scampi and £2.10 for chips thats even dearer than the stall outside of The Amex.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
is that one in meeching road still going?

used to get dispatched there as a kid,always a Friday,remember Rising Damp being on the tv around the same time

No chip shop in Meeching Rd, I think that must have closed before I moved here.

Chapel St behind the Social club, South Rd and Denton Corner shops.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
No chip shop in Meeching Rd, I think that must have closed before I moved here.

Chapel St behind the Social club, South Rd and Denton Corner shops.

you might be right,just along from the OB station,Prince Of Wales on the other side?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Funny you say that none in Seaford do either
Like smoked sausage no one seems to do it around here either

I think the last time I bought a pasty in a chip shop it was in North Devon.

When I lived in Brighton I'm sure most chip shops sold pastys.

Have you tried a pea fritter from Osbornes in Seaford?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Loverly, thank you. If you're ever down that way again come and fish Woonsmith lagoon, my land is right next to it and you'll have a place for the night. Day passes available. It is stunning. I'll be there permanently from March.

http://www.spotfish.co.uk/fishery/woonsmith-lagoon

Sorry Nibble, here we diverge, I can't do freshwater. I'll fish for Bass , Pollock or even Wrasse but I can't catch something I have to kiss, photograph and put back when I can fish for something that I can fillet and eat.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Sorry Nibble, here we diverge, I can't do freshwater. I'll fish for Bass , Pollock or even Wrasse but I can't catch something I have to kiss, photograph and put back when I can fish for something that I can fillet and eat.

Fair do's. Feel free to pop your head in if you're passing, kettle on.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Fair do's. Feel free to pop your head in if you're passing, kettle on.

Cheers Nibble, I will have another fishing holiday down there. It's not just the fishing, It's the ambience,scenery pace of life etc. Would love to take you up on your offer if and when we are next down there. Cheers !

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Please get me pasty and chips, we have 3 chip shops in Newhaven and not one of them sells pastys.

:eek: Newhaven has gone downhill since Woolworths was shut down. What's the point in a flash new harbour development without a decent cheese & onion pasty ?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
can you nip next door to the chinky and get me 2 jumbo spring rolls , special fried rice and a prawn curry , then nip in the offy and grab me a couple of bottles of shiraz....:thumbsup: X

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Blimey Nibs - my plate's been in the plate-warmer for ages, you got lost or something

Rich people like you make me sick, with your "plate warmers"

What's wrong with you man, you should eat fish and chips from the bag.... Save on washing up.

Oh but I bet you have a dish washer or servant who does the washing eh !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
2 saveloys, chips, ketchup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here