Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I'm in such a good mood

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I've only been once but fell in love with the place straight away. I used to live in Jo'burg (Weltevreden Park and Randburg) before working for a time in Phalaborwa up north near the Mozambique border. Beautiful country but I could never get my head around all the security measures in your own home, of having a maid and the widespread drinking and driving. This was the mid-90s though so can't comment on what it's like now.

Well in my opinion apartheid still exists to an extent. 100 to 120 Rand a day is the going rate for a domestic (5 - 7 GBP depending on exchange rates) and they are all Nigerian or Zulu often with slippery fingers, we were lucky with most of ours and they were treated extremely well and part of the family

I lived within walking distance of both Gateway and Umhlanga village and the beach and my work

Regarding security, its more of a deterrent/insurance in most cases. We had panic buttons, electric fences, security parked up, panic buttons and thats in Umhlanga. You must have been just north of Hwuluwe St Lucia and Ca[e Vidal then, a couple of hours from me

Drinking and driving is rife stiff. Christmas has more road blocks but people just turn around and drive the wrong way or try and bribe their way out still

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Christ, that sounds horrendous. Here's hoping for a quiet Christmas for you.

That was just December, I really feel for people like Maffew, I really know what it's like to have a bad time, and I think, to be fair we all do. Sometimes it's better to get it off your mind and tell people, it is incredibly uplifting. And I'll say that for any of our NSC community, keep strong friends and please private message me if you ever want a chat, always here.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yeah thanks mate I got a support network here right now and I never thought I would need it but ticking over with a bit of benefits for now. I dont want it but need it. I'll come back stronger. :thumbsup: Gonna ride Christmas out and that, unfortunately I have a terribly addictive personality with it being work, booze or historically other substances. onwards and upwards

Ever want to private message please feel free.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That was just December, I really feel for people like Maffew, I really know what it's like to have a bad time, and I think, to be fair we all do. Sometimes it's better to get it off your mind and tell people, it is incredibly uplifting. And I'll say that for any of our NSC community, keep strong friends and please private message me if you ever want a chat, always here.

Good man and likewise. There's a lot of good people on here.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

NSC has been a fricking god send to keep my over active brain somewhat sane over the lat few months it is so much bigger than a footy forum hey

Thanks for the PMs nice folks :bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here