Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm getting Sky Broadband

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Got an email from Sky today saying that I can now have Sky Broadband.

I called them to sign up and they said I have to contact UK Online to cancel my exsisting broadband as it's an LLU line apparently.

I did as they asked, and it will take up to 15 working days to cancel. Once this is done I have to call Sky again to sign up. This means I guess I'm going to be without NSC for a while? How will I cope?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
My sky broadband order is processed and I should be enabled next thursday, haven't got the free wireless router yet though. Up to 16Mb broadband for a tenner. Get In!!!!!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have 10 days left to take up the offer.

My mate should have got Sky Boradband last Thursday. He was without Broadband for the entire weekend. Started working on Monday. Not working this morning.

I guess a lot of people are signing up.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
This is what the email said...

Dear Mr X

Thank you for registering your interest in Sky Broadband Max. It's an ideal way to get unlimited* downloading of everything from movies, music, sports clips and games and gives you an ultimate broadband experience. You can get it now with speeds of up to 16Mb and unlimited* usage allowance for only £10 a month and with Max you also get FREE connection and an optional professional home installation for FREE.

Great value extras

Sky Broadband comes with some great value extras, too. There’s a FREE Sky Broadband box which can give you wire-free connection around your home, so no more wires trailing about the house. If you are a PC user you will also get McAfee® Internet Security Suite, worth £49.98, FREE for a year, or if you are a MAC user you will get a year’s free Virex worth £29.99. And 5 sky.com email addresses, that are accessible from anywhere in the world. And although Sky broadband is easy to install yourself, there is also an option for a professional home installation, which is FREE if you take Max.

Order Sky Broadband now

Don't forget to order Sky Broadband. We can only hold your place in the queue for another 10 days. Simply call us on 08705 515515 quoting the special code below. This code lets you buy Sky Broadband and is only valid for the next 10 days. Unfortunately, because demand for Sky Broadband is very high we can only make your code available for 10 days from the date of this email.

Already got Broadband?

Switching is easy. If you already have broadband with another Internet Service Provider, you can still switch to Sky Broadband. All you need to do is contact your supplier and ask for a ‘MAC code’, then quote it when you order Sky Broadband. We will then switch you over.

Talk loads - unlimited UK landline calls for just £5 per month.

As a Sky TV customer, you can get Sky Talk which offers you unlimited UK** landline calls, anytime, day or night for just £5 a month Just pay Sky for your monthly Sky Talk fee and BT for your line rental. You'll also save 5% on calls to mobiles and international calls when compared to BT Together Option 1. However, you don't need broadband to get Sky Talk.

Hurry!

You are already first in the queue, which is why you can buy today, but hurry your special code runs out soon. Place your order today and then you can look forward to enjoying the experience of Sky Broadband as soon as possible.

Regards

Samantha Beresford
Senior Product Manager
Sky Broadband

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
tinx said:
My sky broadband order is processed and I should be enabled next thursday, haven't got the free wireless router yet though. Up to 16Mb broadband for a tenner. Get In!!!!!

I'd be careful if I were you. Sky do not guarantee 16meg. My local exchange (Burgess Hill) has an 8meg LLU installed, so people who are close to that exchange (ie, near the wonderful cinema) will get close to 8meg for a tenner., however, because I live near the Triangle Leisure centre, I max out at about 6meg, still a good deal, but it might not be exactly what you expect.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Virgo's Haircut said:
You are already first in the queue, which is why you can buy today, but hurry your special code runs out soon. Place your order today and then you can look forward to enjoying the experience of Sky Broadband as soon as possible.

Regards

Samantha Beresford
Senior Product Manager
Sky Broadband

Spook! I know Sam.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I am not expecting anytihng near 16Mb but at the end of the day even if I get 3Mb then it faster than I was previoulsy paying 30 quid for so I am not that bothered. Reckon I should get between 6 and 8 if others nearby are to go by.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
tinx said:
I am not expecting anytihng near 16Mb but at the end of the day even if I get 3Mb then it faster than I was previoulsy paying 30 quid for so I am not that bothered. Reckon I should get between 6 and 8 if others nearby are to go by.

Nice!

I was paying £23.99 for 2meg, now I'm paying £10 for 6meg

I'd call that progress!

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Can any techie bods tell me how/why Sky Broadband is different from a normal Broadband service? How come i have had Sky for 10 years, have previously had Broadband at my house so i know the BT exchange is set up for Broadband, yet i can't have the cheap Sky one?

I hate feeling like i'm being done over! :angry:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Skint Gull said:
Can any techie bods tell me how/why Sky Broadband is different from a normal Broadband service? How come i have had Sky for 10 years, have previously had Broadband at my house so i know the BT exchange is set up for Broadband, yet i can't have the cheap Sky one?

I hate feeling like i'm being done over! :angry:

Basically because to get the faster speeds, Sky need to install their hardware into your local BT exchange, until that happens. you're buggered!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here