Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Im a better fan than you- official club fan "ranking"

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
98 minutes for me. Zero goals.

No ranking given but I guess that means I'm "Wooden Spoon Seagull".

Oh well, there is always next year.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I love the way they say I have travelled 'nil' miles for a game........................I drive about 300 miles on a round trip from Dorset for a home game.....not that I'm complaining !

Same here. My 13 round trips from Devon equates to zero miles!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does this mean that the club are also going to start announcing accurate attendance figures?

Can’t have it both ways.
Given the inaccuracies highlighted in this thread, maybe not? :lol:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Gold. One short of diamond. Agree with others. Don’t see the need to classify as one thing or other. Just send the stats which are interesting.
The need is so you can let other people know what classification you are in.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
The club is now giving out "digital trophies" to fans, as per https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/3532647/your-season-in-numbers-explained

basically you are a better fan if you are able to attend all honme and away matches. The blurb says : "Which Seagull trophy you receive will be based on your match attendance and dedication to Albion throughout the 2022/23 Premier League season, giving you the ultimate bragging rights to share on Twitter!"

• Diamond Seagull: Attended 35+ Premier League matches throughout 2022/23
  • Gold Seagull: Attended 25+ Premier League matches throughout 2022/23
  • Silver Seagull: Attended 15+ Premier League matches throughout 2022/23
  • Bronze Seagull: Attended 5+ Premier League matches throughout 2022/23
I dont like this, its one thing showing you your stats but to rank fans in this way is a bit naff. Lots of people are dedicated fans but simply cant afford to attend all matches. Id say a fan attending 10 matvches who lives 150 miles away is as dedicated or more so than one (like me) living a mile and a half from the stadium

Im sure before long there will be cries of Oh I am a diamond Seagull I should get preference over a mere Silver Seagul for Euro tickets

All a bit "tin pot" to me
Apparently
I have done 0 travel although I do 75 miles to a game . How's this worked out.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Bronze for me but the 6 games missed were due to getting free 1901 sponsor tickets along with food and drink for 6 league and two cup games. Did manage to sell my ticket on the exchange for three missed games

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Is it EPL games only rather than all the cup games as it only shows 11 away.
Very dissappointed at only being Gold.
2936 minutes and 2105.6 miles up and down the M23/M25 to away games.
Luckily it doesn't say how much all this cost me, but £3000 is very close.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Is it EPL games only rather than all the cup games as it only shows 11 away.
Very dissappointed at only being Gold.
2936 minutes and 2105.6 miles up and down the M23/M25 to away games.
Luckily it doesn't say how much all this cost me, but £3000 is very close.
the money is probably the most interesting stat to people's partners.....I just scraped a gold certainly can't afford to improve on that and that's taking the coach which is cheapest option together with OAP discount. Will probably drop down to silver next season....

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
the money is probably the most interesting stat to people's partners.....I just scraped a gold certainly can't afford to improve on that and that's taking the coach which is cheapest option together with OAP discount. Will probably drop down to silver next season....
100% doing all three home & away Euro games, so expect that money figure to double. And then it's the knockout games. Spending my kids inheritence.
Saw a Man City fan on twitter had done all 60 games this year, now that is loyalty.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Not a mention about going to Gillingham?
Those horrible non existent awards, make me so angry when i think about all the people who went to Gillinghame every week when the club was on the bink. I'm not going to say anymore, because i'll say something half thought out in anger that offends someone unintentionally. But seriously which ever marketing moron thought that up, should be given some colouring books to work on instead for while.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Those horrible non existent awards, make me so angry when i think about all the people who went to Gillinghame every week when the club was on the bink. I'm not going to say anymore, because i'll say something half thought out in anger that offends someone unintentionally. But seriously which ever marketing moron thought that up, should be given some colouring books to work on instead for while.
This is just a marketing ploy and little to do with loyalty. If I had more money I would go more away games and as many people have said travelling to home games for some is effectively an away trip and in some cases a very long away trip.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Few people need to lighten up I think

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm a Silver fan and yet still popped up in Pot 1 for the FA Cup Tickets bun fight, so no idea how I managed that.

I will write to the club and promise to try harder next year. Is this fan performance management?

I feel for Aussie fans who are up in the middle of the night watching games. They haven't even got a Bronze poor buggers.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
What kind of trophy do I get for attending 83 Brighton Men’s First Team/U21/U18 and Women’s games this season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here