[Albion] Im a better fan than you- official club fan "ranking"

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
The club is now giving out "digital trophies" to fans, as per https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/3532647/your-season-in-numbers-explained

basically you are a better fan if you are able to attend all honme and away matches. The blurb says : "Which Seagull trophy you receive will be based on your match attendance and dedication to Albion throughout the 2022/23 Premier League season, giving you the ultimate bragging rights to share on Twitter!"

• Diamond Seagull: Attended 35+ Premier League matches throughout 2022/23
  • Gold Seagull: Attended 25+ Premier League matches throughout 2022/23
  • Silver Seagull: Attended 15+ Premier League matches throughout 2022/23
  • Bronze Seagull: Attended 5+ Premier League matches throughout 2022/23
I dont like this, its one thing showing you your stats but to rank fans in this way is a bit naff. Lots of people are dedicated fans but simply cant afford to attend all matches. Id say a fan attending 10 matvches who lives 150 miles away is as dedicated or more so than one (like me) living a mile and a half from the stadium

Im sure before long there will be cries of Oh I am a diamond Seagull I should get preference over a mere Silver Seagul for Euro tickets

All a bit "tin pot" to me
I wouldnt worry about it. Its just a bit of marketing.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Why is it based on Premier League only?

I sincerely hope that those who went to Stoke and Middlesborough receive a suitable award regardless of Prem games attended

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Great to see I’m a better fan than most. You plebs should try harder.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Blimey I’ve just worked out that I travelled an average of 183 miles to each of the away games I attended.

Don’t know if I should come clean and say I didn’t see all the passes and missed an occasional goal due to over consumption and toilet breaks. I might have my status demoted!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
The club is now giving out "digital trophies" to fans, as per https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/3532647/your-season-in-numbers-explained

basically you are a better fan if you are able to attend all honme and away matches. The blurb says : "Which Seagull trophy you receive will be based on your match attendance and dedication to Albion throughout the 2022/23 Premier League season, giving you the ultimate bragging rights to share on Twitter!"

• Diamond Seagull: Attended 35+ Premier League matches throughout 2022/23
  • Gold Seagull: Attended 25+ Premier League matches throughout 2022/23
  • Silver Seagull: Attended 15+ Premier League matches throughout 2022/23
  • Bronze Seagull: Attended 5+ Premier League matches throughout 2022/23
I dont like this, its one thing showing you your stats but to rank fans in this way is a bit naff. Lots of people are dedicated fans but simply cant afford to attend all matches. Id say a fan attending 10 matvches who lives 150 miles away is as dedicated or more so than one (like me) living a mile and a half from the stadium

Im sure before long there will be cries of Oh I am a diamond Seagull I should get preference over a mere Silver Seagul for Euro tickets

All a bit "tin pot" to me
That's me,... 11 matches living 190 miles from the Amex.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
What is the reasoning for this?

Is it something to do with ticket sales, etc?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Silver Seagull…

… makes me sound 80 years old, do I get any concessions?

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Meh - I travelled an average of 10,500 miles to each of the away games I attended last season.
And there was me worrying about getting a knock on the door from Greta, I’m feeling better now.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I hate this shit.

none of us are fans, we're customers of an increasingly corporate business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports