Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] ifour 99 songs quiz

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
96. I'm missing two on the children's books and one on the best sellers.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I now have just one to find on the children's books. If anyone else is doing this, there is one on the children's book page that needs the full title of the original book, not the shorterned name given to the famous film. Seems odd as it will take shorterned versions for some of the other titles.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I now have just one to find on the children's books. If anyone else is doing this, there is one on the children's book page that needs the full title of the original book, not the shorterned name given to the famous film. Seems odd as it will take shorterned versions for some of the other titles.

What's the deal with the little mermaid, Dora he explorer, Lilo and Stitch, and bagpuss?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Why?

I suppose because, because, because, because, because.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
What's the deal with the little mermaid, Dora he explorer, Lilo and Stitch, and bagpuss?

All red herrings as far as I can make out. I''ve tried various HC Anderson answers for the Little Mermaid. The others all originated in film and TV, so I don't think that they're clues. I have nothing for the doll in the bottom left and don't know whether the fluff in the girl's hand is a clue.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
All red herrings as far as I can make out. I''ve tried various HC Anderson answers for the Little Mermaid. The others all originated in film and TV, so I don't think that they're clues. I have nothing for the doll in the bottom left and don't know whether the fluff in the girl's hand is a clue.

I think you're right. The fluff relates to another clue (the rabbit) I think.
Just one of the children's books to go

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I think you're right. The fluff relates to another clue (the rabbit) I think.
Just one of the children's books to go

I wonder whether we are both looking for the same one. I'm considering whether I should have an answer for one of the following:

The doll in the corner;
The shark next to Bagpuss;
The Beachball;
The Roses in The Garden;
The Fluff (The answer I have for the rabbit wouldn't really connect with it being stuffed. I keep trying a second answer about a stuffed rabbit, but it doesn't like it.)

Where are you looking?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I wonder whether we are both looking for the same one. I'm considering whether I should have an answer for one of the following:

The doll in the corner;
The shark next to Bagpuss;
The Beachball;
The Roses in The Garden;
The Fluff (The answer I have for the rabbit wouldn't really connect with it being stuffed. I keep trying a second answer about a stuffed rabbit, but it doesn't like it.)

Where are you looking?

Cotton tail.

Screenshot 2019-12-20 at 1.37.48 PM.png

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Well done, and thanks to Paul Reid's Sock for posting. This is becoming an annual treat/annoyance on a par with The Guardian's King William's College Quiz (and it's possible to actually get some answers right).

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Now done too. I'd not heard of the last one. Strange, as my kids would have been just about the right age on it's publication and my wife spent nearly every penny we had on children's books.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm trying to tackle this one page at a time. I need 3 to get past it. Stuck on:

- The poster of the monster/goblin thing on the wall
- The frog/toad
- The wings

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I'm trying to tackle this one page at a time. I need 3 to get past it. Stuck on:

- The poster of the monster/goblin thing on the wall
- The frog/toad
- The wings

- If you mean the blue thing over the bed, it's Stitch from the Disney film 'Lilo and Stitch'. It's a red herring.
- Neither is a toad
- The wings are on top of a helmet.

Have you got two answers for the cat poster?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
- If you mean the blue thing over the bed, it's Stitch from the Disney film 'Lilo and Stitch'. It's a red herring.

Have you got two answers for the cat poster?

Not Stitch, no - i meant the drawing of the ogre with the red mohawk. Or whatever it is :lolol:

Got both the cat ones, yeah.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here