Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To fund Falmer, the club asked the fans to pay a debenture to the club of say £2000 to £4000 like they have done at Arsenal/Chelsea/West Ham etc etc which would guarantee you a season ticket for 10 years ( even though you would still have to pay for a season ticket) how many people do you think would fork out the dosh to do this?

I only ask as I am curious as to how we can fund the development on Second Division crowds.( and conference standard football)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I suppose I could but it's a bit cheeky.

We pay enough for tickets as it aways, heaven knows what away fans think of our prices and all away games for us a cheaper tickets.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
E Block Ernie said:
Bollocks to that, if Potless cannot fund Falmer then he should f*** right off now.

Thank you shop steward or perhaps you're a bar steward.

Evening Ernie

:salute: :salute: :salute:

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
No way, agree with Ernie on this one, If Knight and the board cannot afford the development, then why waste so much time and money on it.
It is up to the board to pay for it, our ticket prices are ridiculously high as it is.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Rambo said:
No way, agree with Ernie on this one, If Knight and the board cannot afford the development, then why waste so much time and money on it.
It is up to the board to pay for it, our ticket prices are ridiculously high as it is.

:clap2: I will be 17 next season, and will have to find £410 from somewhere!:nono:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Dropkick Turnip said:
Couldn't afford it and object to it on principle anyway. Ask Newcastle's fans what they think of such an arrangement.

What exactly did happen with Newcastle?

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Palarse have got something like this, I think it is called the "Ambassador's Club". For punters who want a life sentence, you pay something like £20k and get guranteeed a seat at Selhurst for the next 25 years...

Jim Byrne

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing / Cheltenham
if i had that kinda spare dosh burning a hole in my bank account, i might, but the plain fact is, i cant afford it! hell, apart from being in chelt at the mo, i cant afford a regular season ticket.

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
perth seagull said:
What exactly did happen with Newcastle?
If my memory serves me correctly there was some kerfuffle with 10-year season ticket holders being turfed out of their seats when the club re-developed the ground and wanted corporate sponsors to have the seats instead because they were good seats and they realised they could get more for them from prawn sandwich eaters. There was a clause in the contract saying that they could do this but I don't think that any of the supporters thought that it would ever happen.

levski seagull

Jul 7, 2003
brighton
i can't believe any lower division club would be able to introduce such a scheme because the demand simply isn't there...if we were at falmer right now would we fill it???I recon we'd get 12k on a good day.

Not for me, bond schemes stink. All they do is marginalise those fans who do not have loads of cash to spare. The West Ham bond scheme nearly brought the club to its knees in the early 90's. And an Arsenal mate of mine who did get his bond has just had a £700 increase in the price of his season ticket this season now that the scheme has run out.

There is room for executive cash type schemes with new developments such as falmer but they should be restricted to boxes and sponsorship stuff.

There is a limit to what the ordinary fans should be expected to cough up to keep a club going, I think we do enough already.

Given the lack of success of these schemes elsewhere I would think it unlikely that DK would inflict one on us at Falmer.

Albion Rob

I guess if I wouldn't miss the money then I might do it, but at the end of the day it's pretty unlikely and doesn't exactly give me much return for my investment.

It's a shame the club couldn't do what Reading have done and built other stuff to make money out of, and also a shame we haven't got any kind of rugby team down here that we could make a bit of bunce off.

Maybe the Brighton Bears wouldn't mind switching to a grass court...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here