If your still in MOURNING then this from Cardiff might cheer you up

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
A customer of mine is a Cardiff STH so i thought i'd be nice & see if he went last night:

me to him:

Did you go last night, glad to see Southampton getting beat they really are cocky so & so’s! I’m still in mourning from losing to Palace on Tuesday, we were absolutely awful!

reply:

Yes I went last night and 'top of the league you're having a laugh!!'. They were not very good except for a 20 minute spell after we went 2 up and we defended too deep. Brighton were far better! I didn't know there was a rivalry between Brighton and Palace so I bet you are gutted!

So there you have it, it's not all doom & gloom.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Southampton are just one big MEH for me. They're so last season. I care no more about them than I would about Middlesbrough, Derby, West Ham or any of the other teams hovering around the top six
:shrug:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
dog_costumes7.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Southampton are just one big MEH for me. They're so last season. I care no more about them than I would about Middlesbrough, Derby, West Ham or any of the other teams hovering around the top six
:shrug:
Really? I know they're not a proper rivalry, but they're a bit more significant to us than those others. They're what Reading were to us about a decade ago, IMO.

If Palace is a 100% must win game, then Pompey registers about 30%, Reading and Soton about 15% and everyone else is a meh.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Really? I know they're not a proper rivalry, but they're a bit more significant to us than those others. They're what Reading were to us about a decade ago, IMO.

If Palace is a 100% must win game, then Pompey registers about 30%, Reading and Soton about 15% and everyone else is a meh.

I just don't see the particular relevance now. They wound up most of League One last season with their over-confidence and desperate case of Big Club Syndrome, but now they're surrounded by clubs of the same stature (they may not think so but they are). They're just another medium sized goldfish in a pond chock full of goldfish (plus a shrimp or two and perhaps one large, expensive koi carp).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports