Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If your favourite singer committed child abuse would it put you off his/her music?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Is it? When the age of consent IS 15 (even 14) in lots of countries, and 1 in 3 English people have sex by 15?

So you think it's ok for a man to be sleeping with a 15 year old (year 10) school student?
I don't and I don't think it's at all appropriate to lower the age of consent whilst we're in the middle of an investigation (Operation Yewtree) into catching high profile pedophiles.
Lowering the age of consent is only going to please Pedophiles right now.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Agree MJ paid for all the shit that others did.

Easy target for the media and he had no ulterior motive. Feel sorry for him really.

Agreed.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I actually really liked the Lost Prophets but after reading about what the singer did it's tarnished the music for me. I can't separate the music from the individuals,

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So you think it's ok for a man to be sleeping with a 15 year old (year 10) school student?

Is it ok for a man to sleep with a 16 year old (year 11) school student?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Agree MJ paid for all the shit that others did.

Easy target for the media and he had no ulterior motive. Feel sorry for him really.

MJ was a very messed up guy but there was no malice behind his actions, just unbelievable naivety.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't and I don't think it's at all appropriate to lower the age of consent whilst we're in the middle of an investigation (Operation Yewtree) into catching high profile pedophiles.
Lowering the age of consent is only going to please Pedophiles right now.

Pedophilia is different from the age of consent argument. Not that I think it should be lowered and I don't think it will be.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Watkins has been stripped of children's 'ambassador' role for charity- That sounds familiar!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Pedophilia is different from the age of consent argument. Not that I think it should be lowered and I don't think it will be.

If the age of consent was brought down to 13 year of age. Does that not mean a 60 year old could sleep with a 13 year old? If so, how has it got nothing to do with Pedophiles?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If the age of consent was brought down to 13 year of age. Does that not mean a 60 year old could sleep with a 13 year old? If so, how has it got nothing to do with Pedophiles?

No because the age that was being discussed was 15 not 13, and it is more about protecting people, of the same age having sex, from prosecution.

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
I think the age of consent argument should depend on the age of both participants. For example, a 60 year old can legally have sex with a 16 year old (as disgusting as it is), whereas if a 16 year old and a 15 year old have sex, its illegal.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
No because the age that was being discussed was 15 not 13, and it is more about protecting people, of the same age having sex, from prosecution.

So it's not got anything to do with adults sleeping with children?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I think the age of consent argument should depend on the age of both participants. For example, a 60 year old can legally have sex with a 16 year old (as disgusting as it is), whereas if a 16 year old and a 15 year old have sex, its illegal.

Our law system is simply insane. A 16 year old who's a month older than their partner (who's 15) can get in trouble with law for having sex but yet a 60 year old sleeping with a 16 year old school student is perfectly fine! What a messed up world!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Our law system is simply insane. A 16 year old who's a month older than their partner (who's 15) can get in trouble with law for having sex but yet a 60 year old sleeping with a 16 year old school student is perfectly fine! What a messed up world!

In your mind what is the cut-off point for a 60 year old then?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

So it's not got anything to do with adults sleeping with children?

Can anyone else work out what I am being asked and what "it's" means?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Can anyone else work out what I am being asked and what "it's" means?

Rather pedantic of you Symyjym. "it's"- The age of consent. Has 'the age of consent' got nothing to do with adults sleeping with children?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here